Gitschlag
Full Member
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2011
- Messages
- 148
- Reaction score
- 233
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Brandon, Mississippi
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
These are not from my usual spot, this stuff came from a plantation house property in Madison County that was burned down during Sherman's march to Meridian in 1864. When I was growing up, I remember an old chimney that was still partially standing out there (gone now). The lock plate is too small for a rifle-musket, so maybe a shotgun or a pistol? Also a fired (and heavily rammed) 3-Ringer, a Sharps, and a chewed up musketball. The "Yazoo City Dog Check" tag was a long way from Yazoo City!
Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
42
It was on a big hill surrounded by large oaks, so I can't blame them for wanting to build there. Lots of other property around it though that is teeming with iron, ceramics, and other sundry stuff. There is a big Indian Mound on the property too, and I've found lots of stone tools, arrowheads, etc.







