Remove thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks aged right. Someone else should be able to chime in.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am of no help as far as any info or and ID on your find .I do however have a keen interest in Fur Trade ERA and how it pertains to the history of the North American continent . .W

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Hi - my first impression of this neat token find was that it was possibly a clock pendulum or some kind of fob. I'm wondering if the broken rim area around the 12 o'clock is from a suspension loop breaking off. I haven't been able to find a match yet and I don't rule out that it could be something else. Could you give a size and weight on it?

OP
OP
R

Recoveredmol

May 8, 2023
Hi - my first impression of this neat token find was that it was possibly a clock pendulum or some kind of fob. I'm wondering if the broken rim area around the 12 o'clock is from a suspension loop breaking off. I haven't been able to find a match yet and I don't rule out that it could be something else. Could you give a size and weight on it?

28.5 mm diameter 12 grams

I searched extensively for a match and im working with a french history expert. He wasn't sure but he was leaning towards french trade token. After I found the ring, he believes stronger that these are both french trade items from 16th to 17th century.

Thank you.

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I think I found it. These base metals can easily take on an appearance of being much older than they are. I thought that may be the case here - though I was fooled at little by it at first.

VINTAGE ESTATE NECKLACE PENDANT GOLD TONE FLOWER FLEUR DE LIS
Vintage necklace. good used condition see pics. Measures 1.6 inches

Attachments

• tnetfleur.jpg
    tnetfleur.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 8

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The ring isn't a fur trade piece, at least for the ones I have seen.
Same goes for a trade token.
If your history expert can provide some examples that would be helpful.

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I know this is disappointing but just speaking for myself, I spent a lot of time looking for this so that you could have closure and know what it is. Though I didn't post then, I worked on the identification of this item when you posted it in other subforums a week or so ago. I came back to it a few times since then. Then today I was finally able to track it down. And now I see you want to delete this thread and my contribution as if it never happened.

It is good for all of us to learn from this forum so that we can be as accurate as possible. That being said It's still a neat find. I am happy you posted it b/c it helped me to become a better researcher.

OP
OP
R

Recoveredmol

May 8, 2023
I know this is disappointing but just speaking for myself, I spent a lot of time looking for this so that you could have closure and know what it is. Though I didn't post then, I worked on the identification of this item when you posted it in other subforums a week or so ago. I came back to it a few times since then. Then today I was finally able to track it down. And now I see you want to delete this thread and my contribution as if it never happened.

It is good for all of us to learn from this forum so that we can be as accurate as possible. That being said It's still a neat find. I am happy you posted it b/c it helped me to become a better researcher.
I did not want to delete the thread because of your research. I researched a lot as well.

There was a post by someone else that was border line hostile so I didn't want to stir up controversy in this forum.

Thank you for your time looking into this. I believe you are very close to what I've found.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did not want to delete the thread because of your research. I researched a lot as well.

There was a post by someone else that was border line hostile so I didn't want to stir up controversy in this forum.

Thank you for your time looking into this. I believe you are very close to what I've found.
Really who was hostile towards you.
No need to delete your thread either.
There's a little report icon in the bottom left corner.
Click it and air your concerns.
If viable the moderators will straighten it out.

OP
OP
R

Recoveredmol

May 8, 2023

Really who was hostile towards you.
No need to delete your thread either.
There's a little report icon in the bottom left corner.
Click it and air your concerns.
If viable the moderators will straighten it out.
You're right. I read it again and nothing hostile.

At this point, I realized that I've made mistakes with this post.

I apologize to all people in this thread.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're right. I read it again and nothing hostile.

At this point, I realized that I've made mistakes with this post.

I apologize to all people in this thread.
No need to apologize for posting something up.
There's been loads of posts that the person thought it could be this or that.
Then the readership corrects, they learn something as most do when reading the posts.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new on the forums.
And that makes it a good day also.
Your 2 items were unique on their own.
The "What is it" is the best for getting folks to dig and find answers for items.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an expert on anything The older I get the more I realize what I don't know it a whole l;ot more than I what io know That .why I come to this forum seeking knowledge .YOUR ITEMS ARE STILL A GREAT FIND.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recover, please see my PM, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread