Replacement CZ-21 is here

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and wow, what a detector. Before I took it out of the shipping container, I turned it on and passed a ring past the coil just to make sure it would work. Immediately upon turning it on I knew it worked cause you get a sound when turning it on, something the first one did not do. So I quickly wrapped the coil wire around the shaft, velcro'd it in place and put on some warm clothes to go check it out. First I put out a few coins and a ring to see what it sounded like and was pleased with the tones. Then I headed of to a sports field that I have hit hard this past summer and fall. Pulled a little over $3 in clad in just over 2 hours, got fooled by a crushed can and a few pull tabs but hey, that is how you learn a new machine. I really love the phone ringing when you are over something really big....

Pinpointing with the 10.5" coil seems easy enough to do. It was fairly accurate for dirt hunting although I think the Ace 350 with the DD coil pinpoints better.... but that may be because it was the first time out with the CZ-21 and I'm not proficient with it yet.

So, off tomorrow to see what I can find in a fresh water lake (swimming beach) that I have pounded the last two times with the Sand Shark. Should be fun since most of the bobbie pins are gone now. I'll be sure to post any finds with the CZ.

Cliff

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Great News !!! I hope it works perfect for all your trouble, HH

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The big coil on the cz21 will detune in pinpoint mode very nicely, ensuring pinpoint accuracy and small plugs on any target that you happen to dig while hunting Mrs. Jone's finely manicured lawn that you almost had to get on your hands and knees and beg for permission to detect. Now I know that on the old cz20 the pinpoint button failed on some units. This was fixed on the 21.

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Gleaner, thanks for the tip on pinpointing. I got caught up in the hunt the other day and forgot all about detuning to pinpoint. I will make it a point to give that a try next time out..... I just hope that isn't March or April now......

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions