Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Being a "re-newed" old time newbie in metal detecting, I recently outfitted myself with all the equipment the great folks on TreasureNet here recommended that I never bothered to obtain in my last go-round with metal detecting in the 1970's.

One piece of that equipment was the Model 38 Ground Shark Shovel. I got to use it for the first time yesterday and easily dug up....a dead armadillo that had died in his hole and was stinking up my yard! The shovel worked great, cutting through numerous roots in order to get at the little bugger! This piece of equipment has earned the full endorsement of the old colonel here! :D

Regardless of its successful maiden voyage of yesterday, I hope to put it to its intended MD'ing use very soon!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Thanks for sharing Dan! Everyone needs a good shovel.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a "re-newed" old time newbie in metal detecting, I recently outfitted myself with all the equipment the great folks on TreasureNet here recommended that I never bothered to obtain in my last go-round with metal detecting in the 1970's.

One piece of that equipment was the Model 38 Ground Shark Shovel. I got to use it for the first time yesterday and easily dug up....a dead armadillo that had died in his hole and was stinking up my yard! The shovel worked great, cutting through numerous roots in order to get at the little bugger! This piece of equipment has earned the full endorsement of the old colonel here! :D

Regardless of its successful maiden voyage of yesterday, I hope to put it to its intended MD'ing use very soon!

Sounds like you hit the jackpot! :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess there weren't any gold coins in that hole! Did you repot him?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I reckon we're about the same age,the 70's,what a detectorists Dream,SILVER CITY,sure would
have been nice to know then what I know now!

I'd be Famous!:laughing7: Rich too!

Best of Hunting dude.

GOD Bless

Chris

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for not putting him in the today's finds section lol

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have that shovel. Heavy as hades, but it will cut some roots and break through the frozen ground and not bend like some shovels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread