What's new

Requesting information

searchingforfun

Greenie
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hi, my name is Victor, I'm new in this area, I have no experience as hunting treasure or “detectorist” in U.S. but I have some experience in my country of origin, ( Honduras ) I would like to know more about this hobby and if I need to join into a club to better understanding this activity.
I have spent my last days off trying to find out one area with no fences at all but I failed, my current zip code is 77029 but I'm thinking to move on 77380 soon, also I would like to know where I can be recommended to go hunting.
Thank you to all

Victor

MSN: victor_irias@hotmail.com
 
Hello Victor, You do not need to join any club to learn more about the hobby, but gathering with people with the same interests it is a lot more fun and they can help you. There are manufactures websites that give a lot of free information on the hobby. Subscribe to a a treasure magazine helps too. As for where you might be able to detect, ask around may be the fastest way to find an area even with a fence.
Good Luck,
Sandman
 
& By all means Read as much of this site as Possable
 
Hi Sandman, thank you I will check out arround my community, and I will suscribe to a treasure magazine.

Thank you again for yor help

Victor :)
 
I live NW of Houston. Is the 77380 zip in that area.
 
Hello and Welcome Victor!!

You already joined a club, by becoming a member of treasurenet, in a way.... I agree with Jeff you don't need anything but a machine and this web site. Can't wait to see your finds !!

Keep @ It and HH!!
 
Hi Victor,

You'll find quite a lot of info on here. You can also check the threads in the Tnet member hunts section or General discussion by location and see what going on with people in Texas, etc...

Good Luck!
Mike

PS. We look a lot alike, don't we?
 
This site is the only 'club' I belong to. I get what I need and it's FREE.
'Nuff said. ;D
 
Well Finally I have moved on to the zip code 77064 I will check by this area, any one have an idea where may I start to look? :hello:
 
I just Googled 77064 zipcode and found a LOT of tot-lots (playgrounds) and other areas that would be open for you to detect.

Go to the "Texas" section of this forum and ask the question in there as well. There are a LOT of folks in the HOuston area that can provide some info. They can also provide the "new rules" that are out there for Houston proper.

You may also find someone that is willing to go MDing with you.

Grip
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom