What's new

Research at National Archives in Washington???

SwampHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I found a map I would like to have at least part of copied. Not sure how to go about getting it done since I live so far away.
Do any of you folks know anyone that will make copies of items at the National Archives? How much it would cost, etc.


Thanks!
 
You can actually order copies of most records online, with the exception of records that are not available to the public anyway. However, you have to know the exact location of the item you want copied. To find this out, you would have to call the archives with a description and they would look it up. Also, if you know someone in DC, they could photocopy the record and have them mail it to you. I have no idea how much any of this would cost though. Here is the national archives website: http://www.archives.gov/research/order/
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom