What's new

Research puts me on rev war site

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all well I've been reading a lot about the battles in new york and found some detailed accounts regarding a specific site so I overlay the 1777 map to today's Google earth I see an open wooded area ( big like 20 30 acres in the middle of a populated area this is the spot where 1000 British soldiers fought with the Americans i go there today it is very thick can not detect easily. So I scout the place pick a small area. Five min I pick a nice tooth marked round ball !!
I know I'm on site so I plug it into my gps and will return when the fall comes ! image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 16
Cool...what is the bigger ball?
 
Cool...what is the bigger ball?


Not sure could use I'd help on that one isr roundish looks to have been hinged on one side hole bored in one end. End of cannon maybe ? Or ball maker ?
 
Looks to me like half of a mold maybe for making grape shot balls?? :dontknow:
 
ECH , . SO YOU GOT YOURSELF AND NEW SITE FULL OF POTENIAL , NEAT ROUNBALL . AND THE OTHER ITEM LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE A MOLD.
 
Now thats an interesting item. But not a cannonball. You should clean it up a bit with electrolysis
 
I also agree on what appears to be a mold. Like Bigcypresshunter says, it would be interesting to see what it looks like after a bit of electrolysis. Nice finds.
 
Cool finds from a spot with lots of potential
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom