What's new

Results from my first box of pennies

smurf-42

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
372
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Over $10.00 in copper, 1959 to 1981
Wheats..1917, 1918, 1919, 1936
S Mints..1971, 2 of them
Canadian..1956, 1965, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1982, 1984, 1985

Camera battery is dead or I would post some pics.
Will be ordering 2 boxes next week.

Sue
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone!

I was hoping for an IH, but happy with what I got for my first time.

phillips24 said:
That is an AWESOME copper percentage! Way to go.

Hubby and I talked alot about saving and not saving copper pennies since you can't melt them. We decided to save them. Now just got to figure out what to do with all of them.

Sue
 
smurf-42 said:
Hubby and I talked alot about saving and not saving copper pennies since you can't melt them. We decided to save them. Now just got to figure out what to do with all of them.

Sue

You can sell them fairly easily right now for 1.3 to 1.4 times face. Copper is bound to go up this year. If you want some more info there is a copper penny sorting forum that I also belong to. LOTS of great information on the topic.

http://realcent.forumco.com/
 
phillips24 said:
smurf-42 said:
Hubby and I talked alot about saving and not saving copper pennies since you can't melt them. We decided to save them. Now just got to figure out what to do with all of them.

Sue

You can sell them fairly easily right now for 1.3 to 1.4 times face. Copper is bound to go up this year. If you want some more info there is a copper penny sorting forum that I also belong to. LOTS of great information on the topic.

http://realcent.forumco.com/

I have been in that web site. Matter of fact, I have it saved in my favorites. Do people sell copper by the rolls or single penny? If it is rolls, do they put the same year in 1 roll? Right now I probably have about $15.00 just in copper pennies, not including Wheats. When I get to about $50.00 in copper pennies, I would like to start selling some off to reinvest in more pennies. Would Ebay be the best way to sell them? I know the Coin Store near me doesn't buy any copper pennies and not sure of any other places around here that would.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am just starting in CRH and need all the help I can get from great people like you.

Sue
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom