What's new

Results from Wednesday and Thursday - 828 Keepers with Pics

oldred

Full Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber
All I can say is "wow what a week" for silver half's. I normally get 10K on Wednesdays each week, but the bank had doubled this order by mistake. I agreed to take 10K on Wednesday and then 10K on Thursday. Instead of the half's coming in boxes, they all were in the cotton/canvas bags. The Federal Reserve stopped accepting those type bags in 2003, so I knew I might have something special this time. I personally couldn't believe my eyes when the dates on the bags were 2003 or older. Unfortunately 7 of the bags were all new 1995P half's. The other 13 bags produced a whopping 828 keepers. The wife and I had so much fun going through these bags and pulling all of this silver out. It was like Christmas time!

My last few batches have been unbelievable with the amount of silver!

All of the new coins were in cotton/canvas bags that were sewed at the top (pic included). The other bags were secured with a different devices and the information annotated on the cards. It was enjoyable to see the dates of the bags and where they originated from. This proves that Distribution Centers have old bags just sitting there waiting to be boxed once they get low.

Hope everyone enjoys the pics! If this wasn't happening to me, I would have a difficult time believing this myself. I just want to keep riding this silver train until it runs try. RESULTS:

TOTAL KEEPERS: 828

40% - 685

1964 - 123

Ben Franklin's - 12

Walking Liberty - 6

1971 5 Francs

1982 Peso

Rutherford Hayes Coin ???

1970S - Silver Half

_________________________________________________

2007 CRH Totals Since 9 March
Walkers: 130
Franklins: 214
90% Kennedys : 662
40% Kennedys : 6923
40% Silver Proof Halves: 6
90% Silver Comm: 1 1923 Monroe/Adams Comm.
1970 Kennedy: 6​
 

Attachments

  • P1120002.webp
    P1120002.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Pic 7.webp
    Pic 7.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 358
  • Pic 5.webp
    Pic 5.webp
    20 KB · Views: 337
  • Pic 1.webp
    Pic 1.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Pic 2.webp
    Pic 2.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 339
  • P1120004.webp
    P1120004.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 390
  • P1120003.webp
    P1120003.webp
    22 KB · Views: 380
  • P1120002.webp
    P1120002.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 381
  • P1120001.webp
    P1120001.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 402
  • P1120005.webp
    P1120005.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 376
  • P1120003.webp
    P1120003.webp
    42 KB · Views: 380
  • P1120001.webp
    P1120001.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
All I can say is WOW :o. So that's were all the Georgia silver went! ;)

Please start sharing your hints/tips soon.

HH.
 
Your an inspiration to us little people- even including the skunk bags thats better than 40 a $1000 or 20 a box. Can't beat that. HH Mark
 
tw656 said:
Whats that like $1300 profit? Nice

I haven't figured the profit yet for those two batches, but I'm hoping it is enough to surprise my wife this October with a cruise on our 35th wedding anniversary.
 
Good God, Red!!!
That is awesome!!
You have a mainline into the state mint!
I love it!
I hope those 95's don't keep coming back to you!

Congrats!
 
TXTim said:
Good God, Red!!!
That is awesome!!
You have a mainline into the state mint!
I love it!
I hope those 95's don't keep coming back to you!

Congrats!

Thanks Tim! I sure hope those 1995s don't start coming back to me. Eventually, I'm bound to stat getting back a lot of my rejects especially with the amount I turn in each week. I just want to enjoy the ride until it ends.
 
nice finds! as for that golden coin, i have one to but its for theodore roosevelt. my friend had a bag or misc coins that i bought and this was in there. its in horrible shape. i heard somewhere that they were prizes in cerial boxes back in the 90's. no value as far as i know.
 

Attachments

  • scan0001.webp
    scan0001.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 302
There's been a few companies that have had president head coins as promotions One was a cereal company, and one was a gas station (Hess, i think). THey are worthless, and someone just slipped it into a roll to short the bank.

The peso is also worthless. It is one peso, and right now the exchange rate is like 2,300 pesos to 1 dollar or something ridiculous. SO, it is another waste. :-( SOrry to see that people put those in rolls.

John
 
thats what that came from was a gas company. i guess they out-dates the president dollars! :)
 
What do you do with your non silver halves? Are you allowed to return them to the bank?
 
oldred said:
TXTim said:
Good God, Red!!!
That is awesome!!
You have a mainline into the state mint!
I love it!
I hope those 95's don't keep coming back to you!

Congrats!

Thanks Tim! I sure hope those 1995s don't start coming back to me. Eventually, I'm bound to stat getting back a lot of my rejects especially with the amount I turn in each week. I just want to enjoy the ride until it ends.

I don't want those '95s to come back to me!!
 
ringding said:
What do you do with your non silver halves? Are you allowed to return them to the bank?

I have three different branches that allow me to turn in large amounts without any fees. I consider myself very lucky to be able to turn in this many rejects each week.
 
My gosh OR......I'm speechless.......me speechless........nah! LOL.

WTG Rog!! I love reading/seeing hits like this. That had to be so exciting & fun going through those old bags I bet. The pictures are great! All those stacks.......love it.

Again, congrats to you & Mrs. OR on another fantastic haul. Another positive to this is you don't have near as many rejects to take back....ha.

Keep em coming OR.....
 
Unreal silver, way to go!!! 20K is crazy, that would take me forever :o Question is, where do you dump all that :-\ I would hate to be your dump banks. Congrads and have fun with the profits, a cruise sounds real nice. HH!
Pepperpump :D :o 8) ;D
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom