What's new

Return to the Silver honey hole

Jsattelhammer

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
445
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Everyone. I returned to a honey hole where I pulled my 26 silvers in two day. There was rain the night before and the ground was super dry when I hit it previously. I think this helped me hit a few more with the moist ground conditions. I also. Pulled a nice looking signet ring. It is unmarked but the depth was good and it looks very nice. I’d like to hear your opinions at to whether the ring looks like stainless steel or precious. I also found a really nice dark green marble. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4988.webp
    IMG_4988.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4997.webp
    IMG_4997.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4996.webp
    IMG_4996.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4994.webp
    IMG_4994.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4993.webp
    IMG_4993.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4989.webp
    IMG_4989.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
Upvote 37
Very nice what kind of detector are you using?I go along the chesapeak and spots that i hit at low tide and find silver on dry sand ill wait till the tides high and hit the same spot. i think the water helps find the deeper and smaller silver too.
 
It's ultra rare to find that many Silvers on one site these days - well done !:occasion14:

If you got that many on your latest hunt - pretty much guaranteed, there's still a few more there.
Try hunting the area coming in from multiple directions - different detectors, coils, programs, etc.

Good Luck !
 
Great job pulling more silvers. My opinion is the ring is for sure not silver but could be white gold, plat, stainless....etc.
Thanks for sharing!
Always happy to find them :)
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking it is probably stainless due to the color and lack of a marking inside.
 
Very nice what kind of detector are you using?I go along the chesapeak and spots that i hit at low tide and find silver on dry sand ill wait till the tides high and hit the same spot. i think the water helps find the deeper and smaller silver too.
Thanks! I run the Equinox 900. I have been hitting it with different settings and changing up my frequencies. Last time I went I was still consistently hitting good coin signals, so I'll certainly return.
 
I have a couple spots that ive hit many many times and still give up silver.Like e trac said theres more there your getting the ones up top and the ones that are laying flat.I slow way down change angles get in every nock and cranny.also the deep ones you will baerlly hear a cherp. if you hear a little cherp in the silver range or close to silver range clear the brush over it and re sweep.Also ive noticed really deep silver can start out at slightly lower numbers.as you dig and get closer the numbers will come up if there silver. spend some time there and take your time.Dont no if you are using head phones they help to hear and learn the little changes in sound.hope this helps good luck
 
Last edited:
Howdy Everyone. I returned to a honey hole where I pulled my 26 silvers in two day. There was rain the night before and the ground was super dry when I hit it previously. I think this helped me hit a few more with the moist ground conditions. I also. Pulled a nice looking signet ring. It is unmarked but the depth was good and it looks very nice. I’d like to hear your opinions at to whether the ring looks like stainless steel or precious. I also found a really nice dark green marble. Thanks for looking!
Amazing day. Amazing FINDS :) Thank you for sharing but you forgot one thing, You forgot to post the location of this spot LOL J?K
Thank you for sharing with us
 
Howdy Everyone. I returned to a honey hole where I pulled my 26 silvers in two day. There was rain the night before and the ground was super dry when I hit it previously. I think this helped me hit a few more with the moist ground conditions. I also. Pulled a nice looking signet ring. It is unmarked but the depth was good and it looks very nice. I’d like to hear your opinions at to whether the ring looks like stainless steel or precious. I also found a really nice dark green marble. Thanks for looking!
I’d be happy with just one of those dimes. Good hunt
 
@Jsattelhammer ... take that ring to a local coin shop, jeweler, or pawn shop, ... they should be able to test for metal content without damaging the ring (THERMO XL2-100 precious metal tester, etc...)

...ALSO ... an old-timey way to test for silver is to drop the object onto a marble surface (a heavy glass surface will also work..) ... silver will give a clear "ring" tone, as opposed to other metals, which will "thud", rather than a clear ring.

...this test was used in the older days to check for counterfeit coins, & is the reason that older cash registers had a marble surface just above the cash box ...
 

Attachments

  • e454.webp
    e454.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 40
Great silver recoveries! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing with us.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom