Returning to Metal detecting, lookin for places.

The Hunter

Sep 25, 2007
Forney, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
R

RUDY2003

Welcome Hunter. I live in Houston so it's a little far for us both bu there's a bunch of people her on TN that live up thataway. So gud luck on your hunts and hope to see your posts soon..

Keep safe...

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Het Th I will be in your area around noon thursday of next week and am also looking to hunt that day, Then moving on to the Chisom trail hunt for the weekend Lookin forward to it all

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Hunter, I am in Mesquite. Check out this Google Earth shot. I have been looking for a way to get to this old bridge. I have some very old road maps that show a road through there along the railroad tracks. The road is no longer visible. I drove to Seagoville and headed the direction of the bridge but the road was blocked off and has a sign, Sheriffs Firing Range. I can see the range on Google Earth and it's not close the bridge but if you could get past the range you could get allot closer. Know any Sheriffs around there? From the other side Scyene Road dead ends and I can't find a way to get near the bridge that way either. I am contemplating just parking and walking the tracks. I figure if there was a road through there, there might be some old home sites as well. If you can access Google Earth, go to the coordinates at the bottom of the pic and check it out youself. I am going to the Chisholm Trail Hunt next weekend but if you are interested we could give it a shot in a few weeks. Also here is a link for the East Fork Treasure Hunters Club. We meet the first Tue each month.

http://eastforktreasure.com/

Attachments

• old bridge.jpg
    old bridge.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 775

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Hey Texan, good to hear from you. I can't wait to get to the CTH myself. I am hoping since it is pretty far away from any big town and on private property that it hasn't been hit before, at least not to hard. Looking forward to meeting you. And hey, I know you are not close to here but if you want to give that bridge a shot sometime let me know, or if you have time Thur you could give it a shot but I am pretty sure it's going to be hoofing it along the tracks.. I have to work Thur and as soon as I can get out of there we are headed north.

OP
OP
The Hunter

The Hunter

Sep 25, 2007
Forney, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey TN, the Bridge looks interesting, I'll have to do a little research this weekend when I'm off work. I live in Forney so it' not to far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread