Reverse 1 cent trifecta and my new 4 legged hunting buddy !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting one of those farm yards, that you just never stop at on your way to somewhere else. On Sunday I finally decided to stop and hit this place. When I pulled into the driveway, this older kitten came running up to me. The little guy then proceeded to follow me around for about an hour while I was detecting. I think he thought he was a dog. He was very curious, following me, looking into the plugs I dug etc. I think if I had thrown a ball he would have brought it back to me. Anyway, I was able to achieve a 1 Cent trifecta and managed to pull the oldest penny first. It was a 1907 Indian. After that came the 1914 (no D) Lincoln Wheat, and lastly came the 1978 Lincoln Memorial. Also managed to find the top of a lantern with the wick adjuster and all parts still attached. The last piece is believed to be some sort of a latch for a door. Only scratched the surface here in a 2 hour hunt, as the rain moved in. Still plenty of area to search and I will be back in the next few weekends. Oh, and for my hunting buddy - he decided to move on. By the way, the farm home is lived in so he does have a place and owners to care for him.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 103
  • cat.JPG
    cat.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice hunt!

Sure like the photo of the cat and SE together! :icon_thumleft:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful Indian Head and it's offspring. Cool old relic pieces too. Nice kitty and owners as well. Looks like a nice spot and we need some rain down in Lee County again already. Just not another monsoon.:icon_thumleft:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually find the latch the most interesting as it probably came from the house. Looks like kitty had as much fun as you did.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on what sounds like a great time! I hunted an old farm near my place, and their kitty stalked me every inch of the way...chasing the coil, battling me for the finds...if even seemed very intent on what I would pull next! Then at one point, I dug a nice plug, kitty plopped in and started the washing process...ho hum...onto the next hole. She caught up soon after and did the figure-eight thing through the legs..so i took a rest and petted kitty lol...im not sure who liked it best ha...great post...Ddf

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the copper finds.
Always cool to have the pets helping out. Had chickens that would come running when the coil went over a signal, even with the headphones on. Beep=hole=worm easily trained. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread