What's new

Different Kind of Hunt!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
47,601
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had seen an old photo from the 30's that showed a miner's shack just on the outskirts of town. I recognized the mountains in the background so I decided to go see if I could find the spot.
I think I found the location, as there were cans and glass, and found a few old things. The only coins were a 1944-s cent and a 1941 nickel.
IMG_0805.webp


It wasn't a very big area and even going low and slow I had covered the place well in just over an hour.
But, while walking back to the truck I came across and old homeless camp. Looked like it hadn't been occupied in several years as all the clothes, blankets, backpacks, shoes, etc., were all decomposing.
My detector was going crazy with high tones, so I started digging those signals.
I ended up getting $8.62 in clad, as well as some random stuff, including a serviceable set of bolt cutters.
IMG_0806.webp


The item in the upper-right is a flash-bang hand grenade fuse! Maybe he had a trip wire setup at one point.:dontknow:
Anyways, that's the most clad I've found in one hunt in quite awhile, and it's all clean (and no dog💩 on my shoes:laughing7:)!

Okay, back to the researching for new spots.
 
Upvote 19
You did well under the circumstances. I’m glad you’re able to get out. We are in the deep freeze and I’ll be luck to get out before the end of February. Keep up the good work so I can get my detector fix vicariously. Stay safe, good luck, and keep swingin.
 
Neat hunt, looks like you picked up some nice buttons.
 
So I had seen an old photo from the 30's that showed a miner's shack just on the outskirts of town. I recognized the mountains in the background so I decided to go see if I could find the spot.
I think I found the location, as there were cans and glass, and found a few old things. The only coins were a 1944-s cent and a 1941 nickel.
View attachment 2242841

It wasn't a very big area and even going low and slow I had covered the place well in just over an hour.
But, while walking back to the truck I came across and old homeless camp. Looked like it hadn't been occupied in several years as all the clothes, blankets, backpacks, shoes, etc., were all decomposing.
My detector was going crazy with high tones, so I started digging those signals.
I ended up getting $8.62 in clad, as well as some random stuff, including a serviceable set of bolt cutters.
View attachment 2242842

The item in the upper-right is a flash-bang hand grenade fuse! Maybe he had a trip wire setup at one point.:dontknow:
Anyways, that's the most clad I've found in one hunt in quite awhile, and it's all clean (and no dog💩 on my shoes:laughing7:)!

Okay, back to the researching for new spots.
Maybe good you came across it deserted like that rather than occupied. Bolt cutter, flash bang grenade. They don't sound like they were desirables!
 
Nice haul - congrats !
No hunts going on here - we had minus 20 degrees F here in Ohio this morning !
 
Well that put a few gallons of petrol back in the tank for the next exploration.
Still you managed a few different looking keepers.
 
So I had seen an old photo from the 30's that showed a miner's shack just on the outskirts of town. I recognized the mountains in the background so I decided to go see if I could find the spot.
I think I found the location, as there were cans and glass, and found a few old things. The only coins were a 1944-s cent and a 1941 nickel.
View attachment 2242841

It wasn't a very big area and even going low and slow I had covered the place well in just over an hour.
But, while walking back to the truck I came across and old homeless camp. Looked like it hadn't been occupied in several years as all the clothes, blankets, backpacks, shoes, etc., were all decomposing.
My detector was going crazy with high tones, so I started digging those signals.
I ended up getting $8.62 in clad, as well as some random stuff, including a serviceable set of bolt cutters.
View attachment 2242842

The item in the upper-right is a flash-bang hand grenade fuse! Maybe he had a trip wire setup at one point.:dontknow:
Anyways, that's the most clad I've found in one hunt in quite awhile, and it's all clean (and no dog💩 on my shoes:laughing7:)!

Okay, back to the researching for new spots.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom