Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After two full months on the SEF coil...I truly feel it's an awesome coil. I want to start putting some more time on my minelab pro coil...but no way I'm taking this coil off yet. It has pulled out a ton of silver and nearly 30 injuns in the short time I've had it. :thumbsup:

I hunted an out of town park for 1 1/2 hours on Sunday with only two wheaties and a pile of old tabs... and little 1" pieces of wire to show for it. ??? I was bound and determined to find some old injuns...but it didn't happen. This out of town park had obviously been pounded and pounded good...but I never give up without a 2nd chance. Frankly it has bothered me to the point that I feel like a little kid that didn't get what he wanted ;D....so guess what...yep I went back. ::)

I went back Wednesday and spent a good 5 hours there...and this time it was a different story. :thumbsup:
I did not spend a lot of time chasing lower conductor hits trying to find a "fatty". I tried 5 of them and sure enough...pulltabs again. :icon_pale: This park was only established about 1910...so I don't think the potential for 1860's to 1870's injuns was there anyway. I gave up paying attention to those lower conductor hits and started paying better attention to deeper chirps and blips which I could investigate.

Within 1 hour I had 4 or 5 wheaties...and then got a sweet 2 quarter pocket spill at about 9". :thumbsup:

I then got a decent...but unsteady signal that I felt was worth investigating. It sounded like an injun...but only hit from two directions...and not all the way around. I then went to pinpoint....but it pinpointed about 6" away from my initial sound was coming from. ??? Usually I walk away from these type of hits but it sounded enough like an injun that I decided to try it. I dug down about 8" and sure enough...a 1902 injun on edge off to the side of the hole. :tongue3: About 1 foot away...I got another injun hit..but this one was much better. Out popped out another one...1905 from about 8". I think the signal on the first one was screwed up because 1) it was on edge...and 2) because the 1905 was less than a foot away.

I plugged along with nothing for the next hour or so....but then got a chirper and the depth meter was buried. I got a nice signal from 3/4 of the way around the hole...and the cursor was fluttering from midscreen to mid right upper. Dug down about 9" and popped out the sweet Barber dime that was tilted. It wasn't on edge..but definately tilted somewhat. :icon_sunny:

I hunted for some length of time before coming upon a spot that gave up a few more wheaties..and boy did they hit funny. They hit like injuns and I still don't know why. I stayed in the little hot spot for another hour or so and popped out the merc from 8" that gave a nasty signal. It gave a low bleep one way...but gave a sweet high high tone chirp the other way. It was a very small window of tone too...so I thought it might be a wheatie with a pulltab. Well I was half right because out popped the '39 merc. ...and it had a broken round tab right next to it. :thumbsup:

All in all...a very nice return trip to this park that I was unfamiliar with. I moved very slow throughout the entire hunt...and did not get discouraged when I went a full hour digging nothing. I made sure I kept a creeping slow sweep speed..and it payed off in the end..because the slower I went...the more signals I had to investigate. Thanks for viewing and good luck on your next hunt.

Attachments

• coins101.jpg
    coins101.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 923
  • coins102.jpg
    coins102.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 901
  • coins103.jpg
    coins103.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Dedication payed off for sure. Way to slow down a grab those iffy signals. Nice digs buddy. :thumbsup: jgas

sodapoptop

May 13, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Wonderful Coins there, you are truly a master of the Explorer! It is not easy to master... CONGRATS! :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Boy those are some nice finds.

I love hunting them old parks. There is still silver in them mixed with all the other stuff. So I just take it all.

HH Jer

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow ~ that's a lot of old coins there man! WOOHOO!!! Very exciting finds! CONGRAT'S!!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Patience + Persistence + Determination + Expertise + Machine = More good finds in well hunted areas.

There's nothing more satisfying then going to a heavily pounded park, and pulling some deep, old coins overlooked by previous md'ers.

Very good hunt, Bryce!! A two Silver Quarter spill is great; so is that barber!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeffk said:
Thanks Jeff

jgas said:
Dedication payed off for sure. Way to slow down a grab those iffy signals. Nice digs buddy. :thumbsup: jgas
Thanks jgas. It seems the slower i go...the more stuff I find. Of course if nothing's popping out...then I only cover about 30 feet with nothing to show for it ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sodapoptop said:
Wonderful Coins there, you are truly a master of the Explorer! It is not easy to master... CONGRATS! :thumbsup:
Thanks SPT. I don't know if I'm so much a "master"...as I am STUBBORN ;D

crazyjarhead said:
Nice finds and skills silverfreak. keep up the spirit before winter hits >:(
Thanks CJH. I am going to squeak in all the hunts I can before the snow falls. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
As usual great finds!

Badger
Thanks Badger

oddcoins said:
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow ~ that's a lot of old coins there man! WOOHOO!!! Very exciting finds! CONGRAT'S!!!
Thanks Neil ;D

JerDfx said:
Boy those are some nice finds.

I love hunting them old parks. There is still silver in them mixed with all the other stuff. So I just take it all.

HH Jer
Thanks Jer. That's a pretty good philosophy you have there..."I just take it all" :thumbsup: ;D I like it :D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Patience + Persistence + Determination + Expertise + Machine = More good finds in well hunted areas.

There's nothing more satisfying then going to a heavily pounded park, and pulling some deep, old coins overlooked by previous md'ers.

Very good hunt, Bryce!! A two Silver Quarter spill is great; so is that barber!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. Pounded parks are the best sites. Most of the crud is out of the way and we just have to be patient while listening for those deepies. I forgot....YOU don't have to worry about snow like I do ;D So that is what heaven is huh? :wink: :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Bryce! Nice assortment you have there.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there SilverFreak.
You did an awesome job of finding those coins and doing it patiently.
Very nice!!!
Rob

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Congrats Bryce! :thumbsup:
You've gotta be pumped up after pulling all those out of a pounded park.
Go get some more bud.
Mike

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow!! It's posts like these that inspire me to get out and try again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What an incredible hunt, Bryce!! :notworthy:

Two '37 Washingtons in one hole, too! Still trying to find my first silver Wash......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread