Ring spill

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just started to get real warm weather, so I tried the A/C and it did not seem to be working. I called the repair place and they said they may be able to get someone out yet today but would call. I gave them my cell and left to do some dirt fishing.

Since I could not go far I was going to hit a park where a festival was recently held, but changed my mind as I drove past a smaller park. I had found a junk high school ring on a setback there several years ago and thought I would give it a try.

There were some clads, and a wheatie. Then I found my first silver of the year, the thin one with the heart that has been hit by a mower. I was pumped, first silver! Then I backtracked over where I had been, more towards the park, and got another 81 signal. Just two inches down I pulled out the ring with the purple stone. I was shocked. Then my cell phone rang and it was the A/C people saying they could come over now, so I said I would be there in ten minutes. I filled in the hole, but quickly gave a swing in the area as I was leaving. Another signal, right next to the ring hole. Moving quickly now, I dug down, and out comes the ring with the green stone! Two rings next to each other. A ring spill!

IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG

I don't know what the threaded chrome gizmo with the hole in it is. I have found others like it, but it is a head scratcher.

The little ring is marked "Sterling". The other two "925".

Last edited:
Upvote 9
Nice going on the rings! The aluminum thing you found I'm 98% sure it is from a Mary Jane pipe probably from a one hitter. Dig until your arm falls off

Attachments

• image-551309411.jpg
    image-551309411.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 552
Haha, nice rings/silver !! :thumbsup: The threaded thing is definitely a pot (Marijuana) bowl/pipe cap. :laughing7: Technically illegal to own... Haha !! :find:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:
Great finds! Wow! Never heard of a ring spill but it is a good description. Continued H.H.

Both of those rings look to be of nice quality. You might consider visiting a jeweler to ask their opinion. Excellent finds!!!

Nice looking rings you've found!Thanks for sharing the story!

Congrats on quick three-ring day! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: And all are quality rings too. The silver one can be reshaped & repaired fairly easily.

You've just shown me I need to return to some former digs! :icon_thumright: Andi

I love it when your inner pirate takes you to the treasure. Congrats. 3 ring day is a dream hunt.

Congrats on a ring spill! Never heard of one. I wonder if a thief hid them or maybe just a child decided to be mischievous and bury big sis's jewelry box contents, lol. I must be getting old, because I thought the pot pipe part was half of a peephole for a door, lol! Thanks for letting us see.

sweet ring spill, and all 3 are silver!, congrats

That is awesome!!!

It's nice when goodies come in multiples! Congrats on your ring spill!

Nice finds! I have had the ring spill experience. Me and a friend worked a closed down condo plex with a pool. The pool area had just a small, maybe 70 x 50 ft grass area and we knew it would be a possible ring spot. I ended up with five silvers and as many junk rings. Funny thing was that four or five rings all came up together. I assume that these rings were washed to the area they were in with a hose and got all cobbled up together in the sod. Twas a fun day! The condo plex has re-opened, with no pool. That area is now a parking lot.

Now, gold or platimun?? HH ALL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back