Ring survey

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s the deepest ring you have dug ? I don’t care about size, shape, gold, silver or junker etc. I’m just curious how deep and was it water or land. I’ll go first. Land is 4”-5” and at the beach it was about 9”-10”. Just throw it out there even if it was shallow. Thank you for your replies in advance. seabees

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 in. sand
Nice job. At that depth I’m sure it was a keeper. I’m looking into adjusting some of my settings to see if I can get a little more reach. Thanks for the comment
sb

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Working an old school (1920 or 30's) where they had a new school (mid 1950's) behind the old built and then raised the level of soil and a new parking lot in front of the old school, off to the side I was digging cherps (not even close to getting a VDI and many would think just ground noise) and coming up with pennies and dimes at a foot or even more. I got a super faint signal but got the machine to give a VDI that said quarter(!) so I dug and up comes a 20K to 23K gold band. It was down deep, around a foot. The soil was not hard packed at all and super easy to dig real deep so I kept going as the area had been hit a ton with detectors and all the good signals were long gone. I bought a 15" coil just to do this area again but by the time I went, the site was fenced up and old school scraped and couldn't get into the area again. :( Now, a new warehouse covers the spot.
I have found coins even deeper on the beach but don't remember any rings super deep in the sand.

OP
OP
S

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working an old school (1920 or 30's) where they had a new school (mid 1950's) behind the old built and then raised the level of soil and a new parking lot in front of the old school, off to the side I was digging cherps (not even close to getting a VDI and many would think just ground noise) and coming up with pennies and dimes at a foot or even more. I got a super faint signal but got the machine to give a VDI that said quarter(!) so I dug and up comes a 20K to 23K gold band. It was down deep, around a foot. The soil was not hard packed at all and super easy to dig real deep so I kept going as the area had been hit a ton with detectors and all the good signals were long gone. I bought a 15" coil just to do this area again but by the time I went, the site was fenced up and old school scraped and couldn't get into the area again. :( Now, a new warehouse covers the spot.
I have found coins even deeper on the beach but don't remember any rings super deep in the sand.
Great story, there’s never enough time 😂. Thank you for sharing your story. sb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread