What's new

River produces early man

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
4,257
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went down to my river site in hopes of achieving a 3 consecutive silver day but failed, BUT much to my surprise I found this Lanceolate.
It appears to be Archaic made from Coshocton flint. It looks like an Ohio Frazier Lanceolate.
The base looks broken which could have been how it was lost. Usually a point of this size would have been reshape and reused as something smaller.
Also ironically enough, I found these 2 .22 rimfire cartridges literally inches away. I wonder if they could talked to each other, what would they say.
Also found this 1936 Wheatie which is always a welcome find.
The rest, 40 cents in clad and fishing weights mostly.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473897484.782966.webp
 
Upvote 24
That's a keeper! Nice find!
 
Without the base its impossible to tell who made it. Its not paleo. Nice find........
 
Without the base its impossible to tell who made it. Its not paleo. Nice find........
Yes Catherine, Thank You. You are absolutely correct. Definately not Paleo. Not too many of those in our northern area of our woodland state and yes also on no base for identification. Both great catches.
Ohio is well known for its grey and black flint types AND woodland and Archaic relics. I just put together the area I found it in, flint type, flaking, and assumed.
 
That point may be broken, but beautiful nonetheless!
 
THATS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom