What's new

Road Trip 8/24/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Drove to Rhode Island today and hit a bunch of small town banks. Plenty of clad picked up (about $850.00) Mostly rolled coin. No dumps because a few rolls had silver.

Here's the take:

1x 1963 Ben
2x 1964 Ken
4x 1965 "
6x 1966 "
8x 1967 "
12x1968"
1x 1969"

34 Keepers in total for 5 hours work.
 
Upvote 0
3-90% @ $6per=$18
31-40% @ $2per=$62
TOTAL WORTH EST. =$80
$80 for 5hrs -$17 (clad used to buy silver) = $63
$63/5hrs=$12.60/hr
$12.60/HR - $2 of gas/hr= $10.60/hr

Total profit= $53

Ofcourse you can measure the potential future value of silver. Ya did good.

Oh and my math sucks I just thought I would give this a try.

Golden Silver
 
GS

Geez that sound like work! It's free money, won, competing against my toughest opponent,myself. The thrill of the hunt. Travelling to exotic places... like Rhode Island.

Rich
 
golden silver said:
3-90% @ $6per=$18
31-40% @ $2per=$62
TOTAL WORTH EST. =$80
$80 for 5hrs -$17 (clad used to buy silver) = $63
$63/5hrs=$12.60/hr
$12.60/HR - $2 of gas/hr= $10.60/hr

Total profit= $53

Ofcourse you can measure the potential future value of silver. Ya did good.

Oh and my math sucks I just thought I would give this a try.

Golden Silver


GS,

I think your prices for 90 and 40 percent are quite generous. Nobody here pays that now if you sell. I guess you could probably get it on ebay though.

Jim
 
Nice RH!!! You are a true road warrior. You always seem to do well on these road trips. Do you map it out first or just get in the car and go?

I agree with you about the thrill of the hunt!! Good luck on the next one and keep em coming............
 
Lj,

I never map out a trip. I wake up read the posts on T Net for inspiration and pick a direction, so today I headed south to the beach. On the way I saw a sign headed east for a highway toward Providence R.I. so I changed direction and took it. I may take an exit to a town I've never been to. I'll drive for a few minutes and if I don't find a bank I'll hop back on the highway.
On the days when I don't have much time I'll hit my weekly stops.
I like driving and make stops at places of interest as well. Today I stopped at a historic seaport village that was sacked by the British during the Revolution.

Rich
 
Did they have any lolipops in Rhode Island?
 
jim4silver said:
I think your prices for 90 and 40 percent are quite generous. Nobody here pays that now if you sell. I guess you could probably get it on ebay though.

Jim

Yea and than you'd have to figure in the listing fee's shipping and handleing and potential tax burden....

Mojo
 
Rich, you amaze me with your road trips. You manage to pull more in one day than most do in a month. Thanks for sharing your findings. I salute you. :icon_salut:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom