What's new

Road Trip...A Goodie......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I left bright and early for a road trip that I had mapped & planned out. Had all my bank stops marked with an "X"....lol.

I was almost to my designated area when I came to a signal light. The light was red so I obviously stopped. While stopped at this signal light I looked over to the left and saw a little bank that I had not listed as one of my designated stops. Why wasn't this bank on my list.....did I overlook it?? I was in the wrong lane to turn to get to the road. I was thinking to just stick to my plan and move on. I couldn't stand it...I cut over two lanes of traffic (not wise) and eventually got to this bank.

This was a very small bank...looked a little old. The teller said she had two rolls. I asked her if there were any in the vault...she hesitated (kinda lazy like) and said she would check. She came back & told me there were $100 in the vault so I told her I would take them.

When she brought them out I saw some writing but couldn't tell what it said until she took them out of the tray and laid them in front of me. I could tell they were old because the tape was discolored. They all had 40% or 40 written on them...all ten. My excitement grew! The teller took one of these rolls and opened it up like she was inspecting it.....I saw silver. She then pulled the first coin out and looked at the 2nd coin. Then she put the 1st coin back in and resealed the roll. I already had my $120 in my hand and once she sealed the roll I slide the money on the counter top to her so there was no change of heart in her. She put them all in a bag and handed it to me. I am still not sure what she was looking for or if she even knew they were silver or not.

I didn't even open one once I was in my car. I put the bag on the passenger side and just got back on the highway as soon as I could. Once I was out of there I started looking....all 10 rolls were marked accurately. Yes!!!!!

Another bank had $340 which I got two more solid silver rolls and also a bunch that were mixed with clad so I was very exited of the trip. The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful as I found no more silver.

Yes, it was a good day and these don't come very often. A total of 12 solid rolls of silver. Needless to say....I am pretty excited about it.

The totals........

1-64
10-65's
27-66's
107-67's
77-68's
49-69's

271 Keepers

I also found another one of those magician coins. I don't know why I like these so much...I guess because of the novelty.
 

Attachments

  • PB300003.webp
    PB300003.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 400
  • PB300006.webp
    PB300006.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 385
  • PB300007.webp
    PB300007.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
You still have the Silver touch, Congrats Lejeuene. Nice finds. :)

Scott (Mich)
 
Hey, someone told me all the silver was gone!!!! ::)

Awesome find.

Loved the article you were in, also. :)

DM
 
WOW. what a road trip, is this new little bank on your map for the next pickup round?
 
I just have to say that people in Louisiana have got to be the dumbest, most financially irresponsible people in the US to leave all that silver just sitting there waiting for you to pick it up ;D Everyone except you and everyone you know of course ;D ;D Hope a bunch moved to CO and are dumping :o
 
Yahoo!!
Congratulations!
I guess you are not about to let anyone catch up with your '07 totals.
I haven't had a day like that in a while!! :o
 
All I can say is.....IT MUST BE NICE!!!!!

Congrats
Cat
 
...and once again the "Queen of Silver" strikes a good vein.....
 
OUTSTANDING...........Good to see you back in the game.........
I just did a road trip and found a roll marked 1968 D uncirculated. My first complete silver roll in 5 years of hunting. Keep it up Gayle
 
Bonnie, Nice Silver haul. I was digging thru my stash of coins and found you a 1975 half. Would you like to trade for another half ? I sincerely hope you and Randy have a Happy New Year. Thanks, Jim
 

Attachments

  • d9a5_1.webp
    d9a5_1.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 255
coolpix9 said:
Nice Silver haul. I was digging thru my stash of coins and found you a 1975 half. Would you like to trade for another half ? I sincerely hope you have a Happy New Year. Thanks, Jim

Jim, your still hilarious!!! Yes, I'll take that 75 half......a 75 has got to be worth mega bucks right.....lol. I'll sent you my 75 quarter in exchange.....ha!

Your too funny....
 
That just looks weird. :o Its not only a 1975 half but I think its a DDO as well.
 
soldierman said:
That just looks weird. :o Its not only a 1975 half but I think its a DDO as well.

SM....your absolutely right!!! I didn't notice that. Now the price just tripled.....lol.
 
Unreal, LJ. Is your middle name "Midas" or what? (Oh yeah, that was the king with the golden touch, but it certainly applies if you change "king" to "queen", and "gold" to "silver"!)
Congrats and keep stacking them high!
HH and HNY,
Bob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom