What's new

Road Trippin BONANZA (trip#1)

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Well as some of you guys know my Wife and child are in Spain for close to two months. That leaves me with a lot of extra time and money on my hands. Hmmmmm :icon_scratch: what should I do with it? I am going on a Road Trippin binge baby. The following pics and stats are from the first of many I have planned. It was a great trip but tiring as I had just gotten back from Barcelona. I had a couple boxes ordered a long the planned route so I picked those up. I also had several banks to hit. I had speradic luck throughout the day. The boxes produced well and so did the very last bank of the day. A few minutes before close and I picked up several rolls of halves. This bank turned out to provide a few solid silver rolls. I included some pics of some of the rolls as well as the scenery from the road. I know you all will love that!

P.S. My favorite is the 1964 with a black X marked through it. I never thought would come the day when I would thank you guys that mark the coin but today is was the day. Inside the wooden box are all the 90%.

The Last picture is my last two days combined.

Golden Silver

Tally:

(1) 1942 Walker
(1) 1943s Walker
(1) 1962 Ben
(19) 1964 Kens

Total 90%= 22

(8) 1965
(9) 1966
(45) 1967
(42) 1968
(25) 1969
(1) 1976s (Silver) Total keepers= 152
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 350
  • coin11.webp
    coin11.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 345
  • coin10.webp
    coin10.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 339
  • coin9.webp
    coin9.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 352
  • coin8.webp
    coin8.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 353
  • coin7.webp
    coin7.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 344
  • coin6.webp
    coin6.webp
    26 KB · Views: 337
  • coin5.webp
    coin5.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 337
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 341
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 346
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 350
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    28 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
great road trip golden...the silver had been begging you to return from Spain.

Did your road trip also produce a 'five dollar foot long'?
 
That sure was a sweeeet road trip. I hope your luck keeps going.
 
Dandow...LOL, as a matter of fact it did. A footlong chicken breast on honey oat. How else would I have the energy to keep going?

Golden silver
 
Sweet score! It looks like the X mark coin is from a rubber band that was on there for a long time. Congradulations!
Cheers,
Matt
 
Dang! you might have to call Lil Joe and Hoase to help you carry all that silver
 
LOL - Looks like you stole Ben Cartwrignt's and his sons, Adam, Hoss and Joe (aka "Little Joe.") stash!!!!! Great day out on the Ponderosa ranch!!!!! ;D

:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • BONANZA.webp
    BONANZA.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 216
Ahhh, I bet that help fix those silver pains from being in Spain ... damn that must have been a vein there for a super score of 152 keepers ...that X coin must have marked the spot , ha congrats you deserve a big haul after your 2 weeks of suffering :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Ed .... Oh yeah as far as the marked coin I have to thank J.C. for the '64 and '66 from my last road trip ... Ill post a pic for ya ..
 

Attachments

  • bar harbor 001.webp
    bar harbor 001.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 232
  • bar harbor 001.webp
    bar harbor 001.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom