What's new

Roanoke Virginia Indian Artifact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjon12

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 7, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a gravel bed in a creek in the vicinity of Roanoke VA over the Thanksgiving holiday. I can't imagine this shape coming naturally or through erosion of a stone like this without the erosive force also polishing it somewhat. Any ideas on whether or not this is an indian artifact and if so what kind?

IMG_3807.webpIMG_3808.webpIMG_3809.webpIMG_3810.webp
 
Upvote 2
What happened to the OP? I hope this isn't a troll.

If Cru goes to DC, let me know. I'll buy everyone lunch!

It would not be the first time someone posted one time with a treasure map....err..rock, and never be heard of again.
 
He is out learning what he needs to in order to understand what he has. You guys might want to learn the system. So when you go looking for whatever it is you hunt for. There just might be something you see more interesting. It's out there but you want be finding anything if you don't know what to look for.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
He is out learning what he needs to in order to understand what he has. You guys might want to learn the system. So when you go looking for whatever it is you hunt for. There just might be something you see more interesting. It's out there but you want be finding anything if you don't know what to look for.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You need to know what you're looking for, like Nicolas Cage in National Treasure.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481250306.679131.webp
 
And it all depends on what side of the country you live in. The system is the same. It how the they are used that matters. Look you are on Treasure Net. There is more than Native American Artifacts out there

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
And it all depends on what side of the country you live in. The system is the same. It how the they are used that matters. Look you are on Treasure Net. There is more than Native American Artifacts out there

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Maybe like this!:icon_scratch:

 
A rock is a rock is a rock. For something to be a stone artifact early man needs to have reshaped it in some way...
 
Petrified elephant dong...
 
A rock is a rock is a rock. For something to be a stone artifact early man needs to have reshaped it in some way...
That could include.,encrypting ,staining,or any other modification.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Almost looks like a stone axe.
 
If someone is only looking for tool marks to make a judgement call. Is not a true and accurate assessment. There many pieces shown on here judged that way. Missing the mark. I bet I spend more time in the field in a month than most spend in years. I specialize in one thing. That is the old stone work of the preist. It comes in many forms. Just so happens they did a lot of the stone points that you guys like to collect. When you make a call on a piece that is wrong. Like in this case. I will speak out. It doesn't look like much. That is the purpose of it. It is made to look Natural not draw attention. Hard for some to believe. The point is to be hidden in plain sight. Only a trained eye would see it. Over and over I have explained that point. The men I'm talking about got in trouble with the Kings of their time. They were only loyal to the order.they had to use a system that was unknown to the outside world. Many other orders including the Knights of the Golden Circle. Not to mention the Men of King Solomon. Look it up and lets put this beaten horse to rest.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
No tool marks, no signs of man's hand working on stone at all........... A rock is a rock is a rock, ....
 
No tool marks, no signs of man's hand working on stone at all........... A rock is a rock is a rock, ....
So are you speaking as the Moderator or a person who has the knowledge to tell the difference? People see you as a moderator and think that has wieght. When it is your job to keep the sight clean. Opposed views is one thing. There all rocks yes. Not all are the same. Bring objective can be a good thing. It give way to debate and can force a conclusion. In the end the answer will come out and I will be standing. That is something I'm sure of. I do have an advantage that your not aware of. That is my Ace in the hole. What will it take from you. Let me put it this way how would you like to solve this debate? Get the best person you know who knows about Jesuit stone work. Let me know and I will set up some kind of meeting. Then all I want from you is to concede. Simple!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
So are you speaking as the Moderator or a person who has the knowledge to tell the difference? People see you as a moderator and think that has wieght. When it is your job to keep the sight clean. Opposed views is one thing. There all rocks yes. Not all are the same. Bring objective can be a good thing. It give way to debate and can force a conclusion. In the end the answer will come out and I will be standing. That is something I'm sure of. I do have an advantage that your not aware of. That is my Ace in the hole. What will it take from you. Let me put it this way how would you like to solve this debate? Get the best person you know who knows about Jesuit stone work. Let me know and I will set up some kind of meeting. Then all I want from you is to concede. Simple!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What does being a mod have to do with my comments on an artifact? I have been collecting artifacts for 35 years. There is nothing visible on this rock that says it was worked by man.
 
What does being a mod have to do with my comments on an artifact? I have been collecting artifacts for 35 years. There is nothing visible on this rock that says it was worked by man.
7e46434fb1a205d2845f1c83e711f2af.jpg
this is my point. Does this look like it's been worked? It has a lot of work on it. Pm me and I will show you more. I don't doubt for a min.you don't have some experience.ok let me prove it I private. There are some thing that are not to be seen. It's all I ask of you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
7e46434fb1a205d2845f1c83e711f2af.jpg
this is my point. Does this look like it's been worked? It has a lot of work on it. Pm me and I will show you more. I don't doubt for a min.you don't have some experience.ok let me prove it I private. There are some thing that are not to be seen. It's all I ask of you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481312011.891603.webp

Does it glow when you hold it? That's always a dead giveaway for me.
 
For you scrappy the answer is only when held to the light. Seek the truth and you will find it. What I've said is part of it.
God Blessing to you.
Bob

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I will give you guys this information. Look at it in sections. It's a picture in a picture type thing. Take small pieces at a time. If you see two dots together it probably is eyes. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
I will give you guys this information. Look at it in sections. It's a picture in a picture type thing. Take small pieces at a time. If you see two dots together it probably is eyes. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


So a rock with 2 dots is a Jesuit rock with eyes..... LOL

This is the American indian Artifact forum, not a rock forum or "Jesuit" rock forum...Please don't hijacking someone else's thread, these pictures of rocks do not belong on this thread or this forum...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom