What's new

Rockin Fern Fossils!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
1,886
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Hi Y'all,

I'm new to the site, but I really like what I've seen so far. I just thought I'd show you a couple of the fern fossils I've collected while working in the strip mines of eastern Kentucky. They're from the Pennsylvanian epoch, somewhere around 300 million years old.

IMG_2317.webp

IMG_2339.webp

IMG_2345.webp

IMG_2347.webp
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Very nice and detailed. Yes, PA has some of the best in the world.
Did you ever find the ferns that were etched in white?
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

No I haven't. What makes them white? Calcium deposits? Do you have any pics?
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Nice ferns, we have the same here in OK, I actually use a 'fossil book' from Illinois, everything looks identical.

Fossis.................
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Lovely, just lovely!

What graceful detail!
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Thanks fossis, Mosasaurfiend, vibes. I'll post some of my other finds once I take some good photos of them.
 
Re: Rockin' Fern Fossils!

Nice fossils. Excellent detail.

TimC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom