What's new

Rockin the Point

tokashikibob

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Rock'in the Point

DSC00475.webp
Oh those magical Christmas mornings, the special moment
When you can look into a child’s face and see the happiness a special gift brings.
It is too bad that this moment is only shared once a year across the globe.
Once a year only if your not part of the East Coast Fossil Club! You see folks, Me and Christina
were able to see the expression on the face of young Dewayne Varnam when he pulled out a
couple of huge “Kellums” Noids from his bag. “These are so gosh darn nice! I can’t believe
I was able to find these so close together.” He was heard to remark.
He went on to state; “Here and Castle Hayne, that’s the only two places on earth you can find these,
and when this place is gone can you imagine the value these will have!?”
I can tell you what folks, I’m not a noid guy but those sure looked good in Dewayne’s hands,
about as big as a baseball those Noids were. That’s all I needed to stop looking for the elusive Ricky,
I took off one way and Christina the other, while Dewayne’s day was now to be completed at a
more leisurely pace.
DSC00477.webp
I am happy to report that I too, found me a couple of dem dere Kellum noids, even though
they were quite a bit smaller, but at least I accomplished the mission of finding one. The day
was near perfect with overcast skies and pleasant temperatures and many new folks showed
up some who drove across several states to hunt the Point. As usual the newbies were handed
very little, while the old vets like Dewayne & Gerald “Real Tooth” scored some nice finds with
‘Real Tooth” scoring not one but two Rickys.

DSC00484.webp
However, one fella whose name I didn’t get; did score a rare sea urchin fossil, which flipped out
Dewayne and fellow Noid nut “Grandpa” Tom who drove from Texas to hit the Point and PCS.
“Grandpa was a walking encyclopedia of Noid News and facts! Hope you join the club Tom!

DSC00475.webp
Thanks again to the folks at Martin Marietta for letting us have the opportunity to have fun in the sun!

Bob
http://www.okinawarelics.com
 

Attachments

  • DSC00477.webp
    DSC00477.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC00479.webp
    DSC00479.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC00484.webp
    DSC00484.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 340
Re: Rock'in the Point

Looks like a fun way to spend a day. Cool fossils. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Rock'in the Point

Looks like a 'fun time'.

Fossis................
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom