What's new

Roman Copse Field - Day 3 & 4 - JULIUS CAESAR +++

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,587
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your on fire its hard to put yourself out, I had problems sleeping last night, like a kid at X-Mas!

Cru'Dad & I did 4 hours yesterday & I did 4 hours on my own today. Yesterday Cru'Dad took the glory with the Vespasian Denarius & Celtic Copper Core, with my hammered coming in pretty close...
Today I got my oldest Denarius but Cru'Dad still keeps his lead by 1 year!
What a field this is turning out to be after a deeper plough.

01st of Nov & T-Shirt Weather!

Crotal Bell (Rings)
Never had any, now 2 cut fake Geo Halfcrowns
1772 Coin Weight
Iron Age & Roman Brooches/Fibula all 1st BC-1st C AD
Lead Steelyard Weight
Roman Amphora Shaped Strapend
31 Roman Bronze Coins
Circa 50BC Copper-Core of a South Ferriby Stater (Gold all gone)
1495-1521 Portugal 20 Reis Hammered- My first from this Country & only hammered off this field (THANKS Bramblefind for ID)8-)
Denarius of Vespasian circa 69AD
Julius Ceasar Denarius, Travelling Mint, in Greece, I think, 48BC.:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    73 KB · Views: 151
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    120.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    171.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    209.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Upvote 38
Great looking coinage and nice going on the JC! Liking the little strap end, I would of been fooled seeing the little circles on it, thinking it was something else like Saxon.

Easy to think that but in Britain, Romans used that decor first.
 
Pretty wild coins there Cru, amazed yet again. A lot of those Romans are in great shape, you must be happy that field is kind to them.

Its not the soil thats kind, it killed most of them, just a mix of better luck/better metal.
 
I'm speechless....
 
The amount of detail that still remains on the Roman bronze coins you find always amazes me Cru! :notworthy:
I guess they are less susceptible to the fertilizers and urine than the coins of today are.

I love the look of this 1772 Coin Weight, what a beautiful looking relic! :thumbsup:
I just love the detail of the old script that was used 240 years ago!

Hope your Dad's doing well these days, it certainly sounds like he's keeping up to you. :laughing7:
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 2-crop.webp
    2-crop.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 3-crop.webp
    3-crop.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 88
Wow what a haul, fantastic!
 
freekin insane killer finds...blows my mind!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom