Roosevelt Silver Dimes....Trying to dig a complete set..

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've dug 453 silver Roosevelt silver dimes over the years. I am only missing 6 dates. They are all Philadelphia mint marks. I have all the San Francisco and all the Denver mint marks. Do you guys on the east coast find the S.F. mint marks? Or the Denver? I even have 4 of the semi rare 1949-S. Perhaps I'll have to go to the east coast to find some Philies?

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the midwest, it is a bit tougher to find Roosevelts. They were all dug in the 1970s while they were shallow. I dig a lot of Mercs, though. I am trying to complete a set of dug Mercs, Indian Heads, Wheats, Washington Quarters, and Buffalo Nickels. When it comes to mint marks, it is pretty rare for me to find an S mint mark on any coin. They are all P/D/O mints. I should probably start a Roosevelt collection as well.

How do you store/display them? I have been trying to purchase used Capital Plastics holders, but I can never get them cheap enough and I don't want to pay retail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread