What's new

ROSETTE, FLAT BUTTONS, and CUT COPPER LARGE CENT, New site in ROLESVILLE, NC

SOSDIVING

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
78
Reaction score
308
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wake Forest, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter PI
White's Surfmaster II VLF
Tesoro Bandido II VLF
Tesoro Cibola VLF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, yesterday really had me praying in the dirt, here is what I gave thanks for: a silver washed concentric circle "bullseye"? lead filled ROSETTE, two flat buttons, one with silver color gilt and dimple on front, the other smaller like a cuff or sleave. The best find was a cut copper coin, I thought colonial at first, and then found it to be a cut and quartered LARGE CENT. I was a little surprised at a quartered LARGE CENT, so is that a quarter cent versus a half cent? I am still looking closer at it, and think it is a Matron Head (1816-1839), a few facial details are leaning this way versus a Braided Hair (1839-1857). Will break out a microscope this eve. Please chime in if anyone has some thoughts, expertise, or opinions. The other rusty iron picture is a cast iron pot leg. Thanks so much, what a great Sunday it was here in Rolesville, NC. Cut copper.webpdisply.webpdisplay front.webpkettle leg pot.webpLarge Cent Back Display.webpsilver gilt with dimple.webpsmall flat button.webp
 
Upvote 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom