Rosie is #60!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left the house this morning about 8:30 and decided to go to a park where I have found several silver coins in the past couple of months. The plan was to get #60 and then go back home to do yard work the rest of the day. When I got to the park at 9 am it looked like the circus was in town. :tongue3: People erecting large white tents everywhere and one big tent right on top of my silver honeyhole! :BangHead: I didn't have a plan B so I had to regroup and come up with one. I decided to head north and hunt the first schoolyard I came across. I found a school and decided to work the ballfield. About an hour into the hunt I hit a solid 12-45 and the E-Trac was screaming! At four inches out popped a 1962-D silver Rosie. My 60th silver for 2012. :occasion18: I ended the hunt a few minutes later because the sky was turning black and the wind was starting to blow. Anyway, I ended up with 46 clad coins worth $3.39, a 1945 Wheatie and my 11th Boy Scout tie slide. Happy hunting to all! :occasion14:

Last edited:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread