Attachments

• IMG_7222.jpeg
    IMG_7222.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7221.jpeg
    IMG_7221.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Upvote 2
Like unclemac said, it is just a round rock! Thanks for posting.

I think you found a round shaped rock but I might be mistaken. I live in CT too and these are everywhere. CT's geology in the eastern parts is a lot of rock similar to sandstone but brown in color. This is sediment from the bottom of the ocean driven up by the collision of the African Plate during the breakup of what was known as Pangea. To make a very long story short, the round ones like you found are remnants of the last Ice age's melting period. These were broken rocks ground round while caught in meltwater washes.

I think you found a round shaped rock but I might be mistaken. I live in CT too and these are everywhere. CT's geology in the eastern parts is a lot of rock similar to sandstone but brown in color. This is sediment from the bottom of the ocean driven up by the collision of the African Plate during the breakup of what was known as Pangea. To make a very long story short, the round ones like you found are remnants of the last Ice age's melting period. These were broken rocks ground round while caught in meltwater washes.
If it was sediment from the bottom of the ocean, I'd sure crack it open

Just a rock, but if you crack it open it may hold a fossil.

Hello everyone. We live in Connecticut and we found a round rock in our yard. It is heavy doesn’t feel hollow and roughly 12” across. Any ideas what it could be. Thank u
Caveman bowling ball😳

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back