JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly likely junk but curious to what it is. Google the stuff written on it and didn't find much. Hoping someone knows what it is. Did some close up photos of it and a negative to help bring the detail out. mir_20200916_105710.jpgmir_20200916_105731.jpgmir_20200916_105941.jpg

Survey marker?

Upvote 0
Could be either of those. AARC's I'd maybe lean more on as for me does look to be electrical related but I have no clue.

Upvote 0
I believe this is a cutout disk typically used in early street and airfield lighting systems wired in series. The disk acted as a shunt (reverse fuse) which protected the circuit when one lamp blew out and allowed the remaining lights to continue to function. Each lamp would have one of these disks. These systems were generally phased out by the 1960's but a few remain.

Upvote 0
I believe this is a cutout disk typically used in early street and airfield lighting systems wired in series. The disk acted as a shunt (reverse fuse) which protected the circuit when one lamp blew out and allowed the remaining lights to continue to function. Each lamp would have one of these disks. These systems were generally phased out by the 1960's but a few remain.
Could make sense as seen the site was once a decent sized homes site

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back