Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,

I haven't been posting much lately as my main computer died. I have to work from my laptop now and when I disconnect, I'm done for the day.

All I can say is wow! You guys are kicking some butt this summer. WTG TNet!

Anyway.... I've been out for quite a few hunts, learning how to use this XP Déus. I am very happy with it so far. I am revisiting old sites and finding a fair number of non-ferrous targets!

Today, I hit a field that we have pounded many times and I wasn't expecting much. The grass was tall, and it sucked until I started to hit a few keepers.

First target of the day was one that came off of the bucket list. I finally found a Royal Provincials button. Well, sort of....

This little guy was down about 6". When i took it out of the hole, I knew exactly what I had. I saw the crown and recognized the RP.... but, I was gutted. After he hays I am going to pound it again in hopes of finding a complete one. I know Iron Patch. If I find another it will probably look like this one. :laughing7:

Royal Provincials "Button" :BangHead:

20140811_135227.jpg

Dandy Button, One piece Flat button and a monogrammed? two piece with the letters "SM". Perhaps the SM was a name brand? :icon_scratch:

20140811_135258.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

These I found last week at another "pounded" site with the Déus. :dontknow: :tongue3:

1782 Hibernia and a couple more coppers.

20140804_142229.jpg

Buttons and a thimble. The one on the left is my fave.

20140804_142144.jpg

Happy hunting.

Upvote 8
Love the Tombac buddy! Bummer bout the RP but at lest you found one. Not many people do. Don't listed to Iron Patch. He lost several brain cells yesterday trying to figure out my post lol

Haha, thanks Ahab. I am happy. Hopefully, more to come.

Great finds. I like the tombac too. :thumbsup:

very nice collection

Love the Tombac buddy! Bummer bout the RP but at lest you found one. Not many people do. Don't listed to Iron Patch. He lost several brain cells yesterday trying to figure out my post lol

Attachments

• ba.jpg
    ba.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 91
I've found them having barely enough metal to cover the shank. Better to save the awesome condition for somethig else!

I've found them having barely enough metal to cover the shank. Better to save the awesome condition for somethig else!

Good thinking. Speaking of which.... What sort of numbers did that King's American Regiment button give on your Explorer?

Good Irish HP when you can get a date.
I like the monogram button...don't recall getting any like that before.

BTW... 497 (Dig) :) I don't ever look at the screen! (and you should not either)

Awesome digz bro! The buttons are the cream of the crop and the Hibernia is a great find. Always enjoy your posts!

Great button score! At lest you found enough of the Royal P to identify it!

I'm off line for a different reason and they always make a bunch if Banner finds when I'm off, so nows your chance!

Congrats on some really nice finds. The coppers are just plain AWESOME.

don't know how I missed this one…like IP says not too many people find those RP's I think I have one but it's even worse shape than yours…Sure I'll eventually find one..at least your in the right era….sure more will pop up and even better shape

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back