What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED RPH No 17 Shield Medal?

Nathan6309

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
207
Reaction score
713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening everyone,

I was able to take advantage of the good weather in Botetourt county, VA today and searched some hunted-out sites I’ve been to before. I was able to score a scarce Firmin & Sons VMI Cadet button, as well as a shield-shaped pendant that is marked RPH NO 17. I have seen the saddle shield suggestion a few times, but I don’t believe I’ve seen any saddle shield attachments like this before’ nor have I seen one with a 17. Any ideas on this one? This was found in an an area that has produced many 1860’s and 70’s relics. As always, thank you for looking and happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5432.webp
    IMG_5432.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5433.webp
    IMG_5433.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5434.webp
    IMG_5434.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5435.webp
    IMG_5435.webp
    2 MB · Views: 103
I like the button. I’d say your 17 item is some sort of a tag (hotel, train, stagecoach, tool, etc)

R could be Roanoke. You get to come up with the p and h.
Nathan6309, consider sending the pic to the Roanoke library and/or historical society. as they might be able to ID who RPH is/was.
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Congratulations!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom