Rubber matting adhesive?

yttrabbit

Dec 10, 2009
Oakdale, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, FisherGold Bug 2, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Garrett Pro Pin Pointer,
Shoe glue. Works on anything, glued the liner on the bed of my truck 3 years ago and still rock solid.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Gorilla glue is another good one. The only thing about using that is it expands as it dries so use some c-clamps on the matting to keep it from bulging.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Guys, I use Ados F2 glue. It comes in a spray can. Apply a thin coat to both the back of the rubber mat & the aluminium surface of the sluice box where you want to apply it. I cut out a cardboard templete the size of the matting to lay over the area of the sluice box so I make a nice neat job with no over spray. Let the two surfaces tack dry ( touchable with just a slight stick to the fingers) then VERY CAREFULLY lay the rubber matting onto the aluminium surface. It is a contact glue so you only get the one shot at it.
I make these box's to sell & I have used my one for years & it has never showen signs of lifting off.

operatingsluicebox006.jpg

sluicesucker004.jpg

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
I ended up using GE door/window silicone and it works great. I ve left my sluice out in the sun for weeks and its yet to crack or lift up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread