Rumors of Fantastic Gold Treasure Find In Jordon......

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Last edited:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Thanks for the post!!!

8-)WOW an un looted tomb!!!I for one really look forward to the day that this find has been properly cataloged, cleaned, photographed and is on display!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Well, so far no mainstream news organization has picked the story up. I personally won't believe it to be true until we hear from the archaeological experts and mainstream media.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Well, so far no mainstream news organization has picked the story up. I personally won't believe it to be true until we hear from the archaeological experts and mainstream media.

One of the links has a press conference (in french with sub titles) with testimony from an "expert" that has certified it to be the real deal...

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fabulous find there , thanks for sharing !

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
One of the links has a press conference (in french with sub titles) with testimony from an "expert" that has certified it to be the real deal...

True. :laughing7:

But they say an estimate of 5 tons of gold? I mean, that is the sort of treasure that would be all over the world news if it were real.

If it were real, you have two options. 1. CNN and the world media picks it up and there is major news coverage or 2. The corrupt Interior Minister has taken possession of what is there and is denying anything was found.

What if one of us was in the position to get your hands on 5 tons of ancient gold and treasure with nobody knowing about it? That would be very tempting for a government official who had the power to pull it off and cover it up.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
True. :laughing7:

But they say an estimate of 5 tons of gold? I mean, that is the sort of treasure that would be all over the world news if it were real.

If it were real, you have two options. 1. CNN and the world media picks it up and there is major news coverage or 2. The corrupt Interior Minister has taken possession of what is there and is denying anything was found.

What if one of us was in the position to get your hands on 5 tons of ancient gold and treasure with nobody knowing about it? That would be very tempting for a government official who had the power to pull it off and cover it up.
It's the French just when have you not seen them mess something like this up by trying to keep it a state secret?? The problem likely is the their government is desperately trying to figure out how to tax the find....

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Jordan you say. The treasure is doomed to be plundered, we'll be lucky if 10% of the artifacts make it to the museum.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
There's something about the way that the smaller statues seem so uniform that make it look like a movie set....
I've never seen big chunky statues made of pure gold in any of the exhibits. Except for King Tutts solid gold sarcophagus, most everything I've seen is thin leafy stuff.

This stuff is piled haphazardly one piece on top of another....
it seems to me that they should be placed with precision and purpose,

" Sarrib, we seem to be running out of room, what should I do with the remaining three tons of pure gold pagan idols?"

"yeah we've been in here arranging all this crap for the last two days, the guards are starting to give us dirty looks and to top it all off if we don't hurry up we're going to miss the game,"

Uhh, I don't know, ok, just put them over there in that corner one on top of the other, let's seal the chamber already and get the hell out of here"

Okay, Najua, let me just take one more quick high definition video with my iPhone 6+, and would you mind holding the clanking down?, I will be done in just another 18 seconds or so....."

Also, what's all the clanking in the background of the video? Clank clank clank clank......what the hell is that?

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
There's something about the way that the smaller statues seem so uniform that make it look like a movie set....
I've never seen big chunky statues made of pure gold in any of the exhibits. Except for King Tutts solid gold sarcophagus, most everything I've seen is thin leafy stuff.

This stuff is piled haphazardly one piece on top of another....
it seems to me that they should be placed with precision and purpose,

" Sarrib, we seem to be running out of room, what should I do with the remaining three tons of pure gold pagan idols?"

"yeah we've been in here arranging all this crap for the last two days, the guards are starting to give us dirty looks and to top it all off if we don't hurry up we're going to miss the game,"

Uhh, I don't know, ok, just put them over there in that corner one on top of the other, let's seal the chamber already and get the hell out here"

Also, what's all the clanking in the background of the video? Clank clank clank clank......what the hell is that?

So do solid gold pagan idols beep?

Why, yes they do!!! Especially as you inadvertently trip over the variety comprised of 5 tons of pure gold which consequently fall onto the coil of your AT pro just as it's batteries are starting to run low.......

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello El pardon I cannot agree more the whole clip was BS. For starters the artifact are of Egyptian origins those gold artifact look very clean considering they have been in dusty dry tomb for allegedly buried for 2 thousand odd years?

Most likely stage set set props used in fake video. Egyptian empire never conquered the region of Jordan. The Hittite empire had a treaty with Egypt which required most of ruling Hittite princes to be captive in Egypt to make sure the treaty was never again broken. So me it was film by people who had no idea of history. That's why there has been no interest...

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The Sarcophagus of the hands crossed with the tradition symbols of the Pharaoh heka and Hekhakha. no other person can bear those symbols. Here the problem we have all the kings of Egypt has been found. And most crucial of all there are many common funeral items missing that accompany the pharaoh into the after life. Tombs was not just tombs but a complex set of religious rituals to ease the Pharaoh transition into the afterlife. The set of the Tomb is not Egyptian in origin and their in a Minotaur in there from Greek mythology and few other statutes all out of context for a supposed tomb. then they are saying Roman????

The crook (heka) and flail (hekhakha) are two of the most important insignia of royalty, used in coronations and other royal ceremonies, as well as in representations of the pharaoh as an Osiris. Some scholars identify the flail as a whip and, together with the crook, they are Egyptian symbols of the dual role of the office of pharaoh as caretaker and punisher of his subjects. Others believe the flail represents the ladanisterion, an instrument used by very early goat herders and a symbol of the pharaoh’s role as provider of food for his people.

Crow

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The Sarcophagus of the hands crossed with the tradition symbols of the Pharaoh heka and Hekhakha. no other person can bear those symbols. Here the problem we have all the kings of Egypt has been found. And most crucial of all there are many common funeral items missing that accompany the pharaoh into the after life. Tombs was not just tombs but a complex set of religious rituals to ease the Pharaoh transition into the afterlife. The set of the Tomb is not Egyptian in origin and their in a Minotaur in there from Greek mythology and few other statutes all out of context for a supposed tomb. then they are saying Roman????

The crook (heka) and flail (hekhakha) are two of the most important insignia of royalty, used in coronations and other royal ceremonies, as well as in representations of the pharaoh as an Osiris. Some scholars identify the flail as a whip and, together with the crook, they are Egyptian symbols of the dual role of the office of pharaoh as caretaker and punisher of his subjects. Others believe the flail represents the ladanisterion, an instrument used by very early goat herders and a symbol of the pharaoh’s role as provider of food for his people.

Crow

You know Crow,

Upon watching the video again a second time, it's not the golden gnome, or monkey that give it away. It's not the jackal's feeble attempt at fornicating with that 250 lb solid gold penguin either....
It's the clanking, the never ending clanking that really has no place in the background of the video.
Even if he's using a Samsung Galaxy, there's still no reason for that much clanking.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello El Pardon I am no Film expert so I leave that to others. However It is an odd noise.

Crow

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In Jordan you say. The treasure is doomed to be plundered, we'll be lucky if 10% of the artifacts make it to the museum.
it depends on the plot and the final rating, happy endings have been making a comeback....

Last edited:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Hello El Pardon I am no Film expert so I leave that to others. However It is an odd noise.

Crow

sounds like the clicking of a court stenographer machine to me...

fine dust on everything could have been blown in by a leaf blower if faked, as to the randomness I am sure none of us here are experts on ancient tombs but this could have been a tomb robbers stash that was never returned for...

Last edited:

smich469

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone

Just letting you all know that this find is big talk here in Jordan. I am currently living in Jordan. You can view more about it at:

Discovery of the tomb of Alexander the Great - Difallah Foundation

also you can join the facebook page "the tomb of Alexander the great discovered", which has eveyrone talking.

The government hasn't given out any information regarding the find. Also rumor has that the find has been transported to Israel in 3 truck loads. But who knows. =)

smich469

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone

Just letting you all know that this find is big talk here in Jordan. I am currently living in Jordan. You can view more about it at:

also you can join the facebook page "the tomb of Alexander the great discovered", which has eveyrone talking.

The government hasn't given out any information regarding the find. Also rumor has that the find has been transported to Israel in 3 truck loads. But who knows. =)

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Hey Everyone

Thanks for pointing us to the organization responsible for this. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread