Rural Playground: IH, Buffalo, and Wheats

D

doyboy

I got out detecting yesterday with Blitz and Zoyboy. We decided to hit the old rural playground. It payed off once again! I found 4 old coins. I found a 1920 Buffalo nickel at 4", an 1864 Indian Head at 2.5", and 2 Wheaties. I now found 2 1864 Indian Heads this year--my total is now 29 for the year! I found 6 Buffalo nickels this year with this one being my oldest to date. This ground is one of the worst I have detected in. There are a lot of "phantom" signals. I guess other detectorists were not that patient to pick between the trash.

We were told by a local resident that on the land we were detecting there use to be an old clubhouse. The building use to be 2 stories high and had an outhouse. We will have to hit the outhouse area next!

Attachments

• Rural Playground finds.jpg
    Rural Playground finds.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice, They are in tough condition. Alot of my old coins here in P.a come out bad. You have to tumble them or polish them with a special product I like to use.

It's called mothers billet. It's about 15.00 a can at autozone. This stuff can gleam a old crudy coin into something nicer to look at. And have the time it will bring the date back out on them

HH Jer

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice job on finding the Buffalo Nickel and Indian Head Cent.Sounds like you have a great site to hunt.A thorough job should produce some more great keepers left by others.
Keep on having fun out there. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread