What's new

Rust in Gravel

JimmyTheHand

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last spring I finally got a Garrett Pro and been MD'ing most of the summer. Today I went to a spot and got a really strong signal (high 80's) cover a spot roughly 3' x 3'. So I dug down, and kept getting the signal in the hole. I was down a good 2' deep and still getting the signal. The only thing I noticed was the gravel layer I got down to was a rust color. Didn't get any signal on what I dug up but my question is ...would the detector pick up the rust stained gravel and dirt and read it as metal?
 
Anything that indicates in a 3' x 3' area is probably just mineralized ground or a large piece of usually "trash".HTH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom