Rutus Atrex ???

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spoken with Several people who have used the Rutus Alter 71 and it is a very capable machine. You might check out the "Allmetalmode" podcast I believe the host is a big fan on the Rutus brand. I emailed Rutus about a North American Dealer about a month ago and never heard back. At one time I won't mention the vendor but their was an overseas vendor that would ship to the U.S. but it put the price at almost 1k. The Atrex looks like a scaled down version of a V3i at a lighter weight. I like the direction they are heading just wish it had an internal battery and was at least weatherproof. They must have very low quantity because I have only seen one youtuber using it.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my Rutus Atrex a couple days ago but haven't had the chance to get out with it yet.

First impression is great hardware build.
I also like navigating the design of the menu layout. It's logical and makes sense to me.

I've never been a fan of the flutey tones of my Equinox but I like Atrex tones, initially anyway.

My 2 main detecting focuses this season are EMI elimination and target masking mitigation.

The equalizer screen that shows the interference levels at various frequencies is really going to be helpful in dialing in on which frequency to use at each site.
Screenshot 2022-04-18 104634.png

The target hodograph displayed intrigues me too. I'm hopeful it will help decrease trash dug.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 104537.png

magic12

Jul 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my Rutus Atrex a couple days ago but haven't had the chance to get out with it yet.

First impression is great hardware build.
I also like navigating the design of the menu layout. It's logical and makes sense to me.

I've never been a fan of the flutey tones of my Equinox but I like Atrex tones, initially anyway.

My 2 main detecting focuses this season are EMI elimination and target masking mitigation.

The equalizer screen that shows the interference levels at various frequencies is really going to be helpful in dialing in on which frequency to use at each site.
View attachment 2021602

The target hodograph displayed intrigues me too. I'm hopeful it will help decrease trash dug.

View attachment 2021603
whats ur take on atrex
i have one had it ship fast but do to work its been sitting at home new for 2 months

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Rutus Atrex sounds exactly like a Deus 2 to me with all the EMI. Would be a no go with me. EMI is not an option with any detector today. It's a step in the wrong direction.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rutus Atrex sounds exactly like a Deus 2 to me with all the EMI. Would be a no go with me. EMI is not an option with any detector today. It's a step in the wrong direction.
I just removed the Basic software and put the Multi Freq software back on my Atrex.
I’ve only hunted with the Atrex once so far but I had the Basic software loaded. It’s a bit too simple and that’s why I put the multi freq adv software back on it.

In my dining room 6ft away from my WiFi router, I set my machine to Coins mode with multi freq enabled at M5 settings and it’s as quiet as a church mouse. ZERO chatter in SMF.

It also has an EMI mitigation screen that shows interference in an “equalizer” interface. It allows you to fine tune the frequency. It worked great in a test I did within a few feet of my neighbors electric dog fence. I made it quiet with the 11” coil so the 6” coil would be even easier.

I think the more I learn about this machine the easier it will be to overcome any environmental situation with the variety of settings it offers. The guys in Europe are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I know some ice fisherman have had the same problem with the screens of their electronics washing out in the bright sun. That’s a path I’ll take and see where it leads for the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I just removed the Basic software and put the Multi Freq software back on my Atrex.
I’ve only hunted with the Atrex once so far but I had the Basic software loaded. It’s a bit too simple and that’s why I put the multi freq adv software back on it.

In my dining room 6ft away from my WiFi router, I set my machine to Coins mode with multi freq enabled at M5 settings and it’s as quiet as a church mouse. ZERO chatter in SMF.

It also has an EMI mitigation screen that shows interference in an “equalizer” interface. It allows you to fine tune the frequency. It worked great in a test I did within a few feet of my neighbors electric dog fence. I made it quiet with the 11” coil so the 6” coil would be even easier.

I think the more I learn about this machine the easier it will be to overcome any environmental situation with the variety of settings it offers. The guys in Europe are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I know some ice fisherman have had the same problem with the screens of their electronics washing out in the bright sun. That’s a path I’ll take and see where it leads for the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds much better than one video I watched.

Was led to believe that the Rutus is a 3 on a 10 scale. The one tester stated it was a no-go for him as he couldn't see the screen.

Shows what a noob he is to detecting. My very best finds came with no screen at all and that would still be of no concern to me.

I'll let the Brits sort this out as they are wise to this sort of chicanery.

g

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread