austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Gonna tell you what I told my sister in Montana when she said, "come visit me this summer". I just asked, "what day is summer this year?" Just kidding.The pic looks awesome ...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna tell you what I told my sister in Montana when she said, "come visit me this summer". I just asked, "what day is summer this year?" Just kidding.The pic looks awesome ...
This front breed some tornadoes out a little further east of here, They had some pretty cool pictures of them on the local weather report last night.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic.Clouds do look scary.We have had 3 tornadoes so far here in southeastern Illinois.I was caught on the roadway in one of them.Very scary!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in one in Ankeny, Iowa that hit in 1974 and worked on the cleanup afterwards driving a dump truck to a landfill and back to load up more of the torn up structures and buildings. Unbelievable destruction those things can do.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That is one Awesome photo!!.........I lived in Oklahoma, and thankfully never seen a tornado, but saw the devastation left behind them.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one Awesome photo!!.........I lived in Oklahoma, and thankfully never seen a tornado, but saw the devastation left behind them.
Thanks! Ron, I thought it had a cool effect and those trees on the horizon are the site of a long abandoned coal mine site, where I find old relics, way to muddy to go there now. I had to do a little tweek'n to bring out the details of the clouds on this photo. It was cold as I walked the dog towards the later afternoon after some heavy wind, rain and some hail hit. We were the only ones out walking that time of day. It's partly cloudy this morning and I think may head out to a creek with the camera to see if I can find any interesting today. After I call Mom of course and I got all the lawn details taken care of before this storm hit, so I'm just going to enjoy this Sunday before another round of storms is due in here today.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pic! I lived in OKC for 13 years and never saw a tornado either but did see 100mph straight line winds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread