What's new

Saddam's Golden Guns

Itsmine

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
304
Reaction score
214
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All, I had the pictures buried in another post so I thought I would repost them here to make it easier to find. I had a cousin in the military who was involved in chasing down Saddam Hussien. They were in Baghdad and entered one of his many palaces. They found these guns. It was a mix of AK'S and I'm not a weapons guy, so I may mis-label a few of them. The AK'S in the crate are solid gold, except for the one on the right, which is platinum. If you look hard you'll see the mags for these weapons in the crate. There's also what looks to me like a B.A.R. and a Brittish Sten. I don't know what the one is with a silencer, or the black one in the case. The 1911 pistol is in platinum, and has a gold trigger. The workmanship that went into these is really amazing.... SADAM'S GOLDEN GUN 1'.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 2.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 3.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 4.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 5.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 6.webpSADDAMS GOLDEN GUNS 7.webpSADAM'S GOLDEN GUN 1'.webpimage010.webp
 
Wow. I can here it now. Oh, that weapon comes in Mossy Oak gold.:laughing7:
 
Thanks for sharing those photos. Very interesting to see.
 
They wouldn't be solid. That wouldn't hold up to the pressures. The AK's are stamped sheet steel. More likely plated.
 
Whatta waste of precious metal. Nice , tho. The oddball smg is Italian. The one with silencer MAY be a Heckler & Koch and the pistol is a Browning Hi-Power. The Sten is actually a Sterling.
 
Last edited:
So, What happened to them?
 
The Long AK Looking Rifle the Solider is holding is a Dragonov Sniper Rifle.
 
Definitely plated, I remember reading about these.
 
I don't think any of them were actually usable......... After a little more research I found out there was a mix. Some were just plated,and some were solid in display cases lining the main hall.
 
Last edited:
That Browning Hi-Power is factory engraved. About $5K for that one. Nice! Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom