jb jersey

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2014
south jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI..... I have been using my new safari for about a month now and feel that I have done pretty good so far as a newbie. I have found a bunch of clad, two silver coins and a couple of rings on the beach. My question is... for the beach, is there a better coil I can use for searching this type of area. Other than the stock 11" coil that comes with the machine? If so.. the model. Also, I have only been detecting in the factory auto settings, does anyone know a better setting in the manual mode that I should use? Thanks:hello2:

I would use Relic Mode and change to conductive audio. In relic mode you have less disc than coin or coin and jewelry. All metal will work too if it's a fairly clean beach.

The best larger coil that is still light enough to not use a harness is the 13" Ultimate. It will give more depth and still sensitive to small targets. I tried a 15" WOT on my Etrac and had a sore arm after 30 mins.

I always use manual sensitivity on the beach unless the machine becomes real chatty from Emi or other interference.

Best of luck,

Walt

Fletch- How do you "change" to conductive audio on the safari?

The two programmed buttons on left are conductive and the two on the right are ferrous... Saving a program created by altering left side to the right will have conductive and visa versa... A program created in relic saved to alternate coins (by holding coins button down)will have a ferrous sound! Then it is real easy to simply push the coins button twice to change audio... That is the mode I prefer in trashier areas...

Last edited:
There you have it Lisfisher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back