Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not suprised.. sides times are tough..maybe folks cant get out..maybe folks are weeding out all the detectors they might have.. it doesnt bother me..I would rather buy off someone here then elsewheres.

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Bootybay said:
I am not suprised.. sides times are tough..maybe folks cant get out..maybe folks are weeding out all the detectors they might have.. it doesnt bother me..I would rather buy off someone here then elsewheres.
\Hi bootybay, all I'm really trying to say is this: There really is not any detector out there that will out perform others to the point that once you find that detector, you will never want or need another. Doesn't everybody see that they are selling all different machines. I'll trade you for this or for that. I'm selling my unit to by a more pricy one. The one's who have the valuable one's want to try another valuable one. The way I see it, I've tested many machines in the past, to me, they all do the same thing, find medal objects. There are a few, and only a few models out there I can say without a doubt are worth holding on to, and that is the Minelab Explorer SE, fisher F75 and the Tesoro Tejon. these three really can get in between the trash the best.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, unless tons of research is done for dirt digging, beach hunting seems slim to none here so far..but I am not giving up.. just seems more folks are more aware of what they are wearing jewelry wise on the beaches.. but, now I will be testing the waters since I got braver.. so time will tell..

others like to just try different detectors.. me, I loveeeeeeeeeeee my xcal and am learning the explorer xs.. thats a keeper too.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinzapper said:
Bootybay said:
\Hi bootybay, all I'm really trying to say is this: There really is not any detector out there that will out perform others to the point that once you find that detector, you will never want or need another. Doesn't everybody see that they are selling all different machines. I'll trade you for this or for that. I'm selling my unit to by a more pricy one. The one's who have the valuable one's want to try another valuable one. The way I see it, I've tested many machines in the past, to me, they all do the same thing, find medal objects. There are a few, and only a few models out there I can say without a doubt are worth holding on to, and that is the Minelab Explorer SE, fisher F75 and the Tesoro Tejon. these three really can get in between the trash the best.
Just had to add one to your list............The E-Trac

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many for sure but in the last year and a half I probably bought and sold 20 to 25 detectors.
Any one in metal detecting for awhile knows there is no (the detector) it doesn't exist. We would all have it. I think the economy has hurt some and I see some people taking some serious beating on some detectors.
I think that everytime I get a detector-even if it means going from a xterra 705 to a silver umax you're interest is heightened again just learning the characteristics of the machine. I just bought a 1236X2 and a tejon and I will probably sell the 1236x2 and get another detector. I am amazed sometimes by how many detectors some people have.

Sometime in the future when there are thousands more of us the government will step in and we will have to pay a fee to detect,then a license etc etc.
That day will come so enjoy your freedoms while you can. Just like they did with boats here in NY.
I had boats all my life but they use tragedy as an excuse to come up with more fees and regulations. Now if I buy a boat I have to go to a boating class and pay a fee .
For 200 years the canal was free now you have to get a license and have it stuck on the front of your boat to use it. I'm 70 now and I can tell you it's coming.
Is this the best country in the world, Absolutely by a thousnd times.
It will take other countries a long time to catch us-we are to innovative. The government is just to big right now and it can't support itself anymore.
They have to get money one way or another. Without jobs where do you think they will get it.From the ones who have jobs.

Look at new york state here-called a cadillac welfare state.Just the welfare budget in this country is staggering beyond imagination and Ny is almost broke like california and what do they do.
they increase welfare 10% for the next three years. Holy Samoly!
Well enough of my rambling,it's a good safe sport and one that requires skill to become proficient.
So good hunting and try to be happy every day of your life. Don't worry about problems, they are like detectors-they will come and go but you will still be here. Trust me.

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will ALL be here all right---until The Lord decides differently--until He calls us home!---As far as trust---I put ALL my trust in my Savior & Him alone---His name is Jesus Christ!---BTW, I'm 71 yrs. old also and have "been around the block" a few times myself! :) -------BERT

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Amen everyone. Now after all that has been said, let me finish by saying, just like the Bible says- that is not the seed but the (soil[/size]) that determines wether it grows into a beautiful flower. So, it is not the detector but the soil use are using the detector on! If there are no old coins in the soil you are detecting, then it does not matter which detector you buy, $200-$2000, your not going to find them. Let's do the homework first, find the old site that hold those precious finds and go back home feeling like you did a job well done! They are still out there! Happy Hunting.

CoinZapper.

Stanl (MI)

Apr 29, 2009
S.E. Mich.
Detector(s) used
Whites: V3i, DFX, & XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put, Coinzapper.

Here's a quote that I heard a long time ago, and it's still true today.

"it's a poor craftsman that blames his (her) tools"

My thought is: if you know and trust your machine, you will find the items that you're looking for.

Stan

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Stan, a lot of people throw their machines to the ground in disapointment for the lack of any good finds. But like I said before, If you have the best machine with all features and not be in the right place, what good is it? It's like trying to drive a $100,000.00 on water! It's sad to know that many in this wonderful hobby think they are gonna go to any local park that they do not even know how old it is and expect to find old coins, or even gold rings. The reality is your are not! Keep the machines that you already have and find the spots that were around in 40's at least and lower. Also that it has been trampled over by many people. That's where you will find the good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread