What's new

salt water green stuff

tazz1

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Dual Field
Sand Shark
E trac
Excal 2
Sov GT
Tek G2
Tejon
whats the best way to get that green corrosion stuff off of things found in salt water sand
 
In my experience, especially with oldies, a lot of the detail on your coppers is in that layer of corrosion.
I've lost a lot of decent coppers through 'cleaning'. :'(
I soak them in several changes of freshwater to leach out the salt, let dry, and spray with a light coat of matte laquer to strengthen.
I like the green patina ;D
Here's an example of a GII that I believe if cleaned would turn out blank.
Looks great as is to me...
Best Digs :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 05-11 012.webp
    NH FINDS 05-11 012.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 260
  • NH FINDS 05-11 002.webp
    NH FINDS 05-11 002.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 269
  • NH FINDS 05-11 012.webp
    NH FINDS 05-11 012.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 242
  • NH FINDS 05-11 002.webp
    NH FINDS 05-11 002.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 256

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom