What's new

Saltwater hunt....SPANISH 1749 REAL / Crowned Button?? and L D 6:9 COIN ???

AQUA

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
1,718
Reaction score
1,039
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Made it our for a short hunt today to a new locaton on the salt shore line with Cousin ED.....couldn,t stay too long as had committments at home.
Funny how the short hunts seem to be so productive !!

Will never understand the salt shore hunting........I carefully went over a small area that seemed to have a few old coppers in it...covered it quite well or so I thought.

Went off looking around and then decided to return to the same spot as Cousin Ed seemed to be staying quite close to it. Got a hit right where had already covered....removed the signal...then another hit 6 inches away....removed it ...another hit right in same spot.....and so on for about 10 hits all within a 24 inch circle. This has happened one other time also this winter hunting on the shore. Remove 1 signal and another takes its place but yet when I swung the coil over it there was only 1 signal at the start.

Pulled out 2 toasted coppers / 3 bullets / lock part / couple pieces iron / crowned button and the Spanish real outta that .


The crowned button when wet shows a little bit of gold gilt at top of the crown.

The L D 6:9 COIN I have absolutely no idea as to what that is....is in such great shape for saltwater ...what would it be made of ?

Any help with IDs on the finds would be appreciated.


PICS 2 , 3 AND 4 are Cousin EDs.


2014-05-18 12.49.08.webp2014-05-18 12.49.32.webp2014-05-18 12.49.54.webp2014-05-18 12.50.30.webp2014-05-18 14.08.22.webp2014-05-18 14.09.04.webp2014-05-18 14.11.13.webp2014-05-18 14.11.45.webp2014-05-18 14.14.31.webp2014-05-18 14.20.59.webp2014-05-18 14.22.17.webp2014-05-18 14.23.43.webp2014-05-18 14.27.43.webp2014-05-18 14.28.08.webp2014-05-18 14.31.03.webp2014-05-18 14.31.40.webp
2014-05-18 14.41.48.webp2014-05-18 14.42.26.webp2014-05-18 14.43.35.webp
 
Upvote 23
very nice finds.Not much luck with salt water aside from a seated dime.And a long drive.
 
Its a British Coin Weight to weigh a portuguese 1000 reis or 1/4 Moidore. The SD mean Shilling & Pence, so the exchange was 6 Shilling & 9 Pence. Circa early 1700s. Nice catch, your year will be as bright as ours.

WOW.. didn,t expect it to be that early..thats nice !!!

TY for the info.

Nice history attached also.....however not too likely my year will be as bright as yours !!! You guys pull some awesome stuff outta the ground on a regular basis. Can tell by your BANNER count (18) :tongue3:
 
You are having quite the year…:occasion14: Here's to you continued success….

Ty Patriot... Wish that were real beers ...but maybe someday soon it will be !
 
very nice finds.Not much luck with salt water aside from a seated dime.And a long drive.

ty junkhunter

Saltwater hunting is a weird thing sometimes.....I got miles and miles of shoreline here...but you still gotta find them very short stretches of shoreline that are productive.
 
It's black and god knows I owe you some good brews and a yummy steak. You have helped me a bunch. Any idea bout my gun barrel :-)
Belgian or French? Late 18th century or mid 17th lol that what I've heard so far


Wish I could help but is a topic I know nothing about. So cross off one beer, but leave the steak alone. ;)
 
Congrats, Aqua. You sure have a knack of sniffing out those saltwater goodies! :)

Keep 'em coming, man. Awesome reale. :)
 
Congrats, Aqua. You sure have a knack of sniffing out those saltwater goodies! :)

Keep 'em coming, man. Awesome reale. :)

ty GioTheGreek

The CZ21 is a great saltwater machine. Thinking about using it at some of my land sites that are trashy....it has great DISCRIM mode....much better than the F75.
 
Wish I could help but is a topic I know nothing about. So cross off one beer, but leave the steak alone. ;)
Whatever you need bud. Hey I just saw that the Castine Hoard is listed in the Redbook. Pretty darned neat I didn't realize it was quite that big a deal
 
Wow, nice mixed bag there
 
Nice selection of finds this time around, liking the reale and the coin weight.
 
There you go Ahab, you need to get out to Castine and see if there is any tree coins left in the ground there that they missed. (sometimes they use to split up their silver into several different cashes) You just never know.:icon_thumright:
ZDD
 
But what about that butterfly? What is it, lead? It looks exceedingly old to me and I want it. :)
 
Pics 7 & 8 , I believe are called habitant token ( Quebec) mid to late 1800s , great old finds!
 
Nice selection of finds this time around, liking the reale and the coin weight.

ty pepperj

The coin counter weight is my fav !!
 
But what about that butterfly? What is it, lead? It looks exceedingly old to me and I want it. :)

I have no ideas on the age of the butterfly...but it is pretty..the detail is very good.

Thought maybe someone would have some info it .
 
There you go Ahab, you need to get out to Castine and see if there is any tree coins left in the ground there that they missed. (sometimes they use to split up their silver into several different cashes) You just never know.:icon_thumright:
ZDD

I know approximately where it was and it is NOT EASY to get to. Just the way I like it. They pulled a bunch of tree coins out of there. This took place in the 1800s and I will def get over there this summer. Another boat spot
 
yall kicked ass!!
 
1837 on the habitant token
 
1837 on the habitant token

Odd coincidence...went to an auction today....they had the exact same coin there...much better condition of course !
 
The fact that it can be identified at all is impressive, I got one on a farm that looks worse than yours , usually my water coppers are totaly wasted round things
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom