What's new

San Gabriel River - Anyone want to go?

Customx_12

Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
559
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to head up for a day trip to the East Fork/Cattle Canyon junction area. I'll probably spend 10-12 hours there and hope to get some color. Anyone want to tag along? I'm not super experienced in that area and don't feel comfortable going alone.

Probably head up this Monday (Labor Day) and/or Tuesday (day after Labor Day just to beat the crowds). I've got a pan and a sluice. Let me know.
 
Went today (Labor Day) and it was stupid busy. Not with prospectors but with disgusting families leaving their trash all over the place. The smell was repulsive and akin to Tijuana with backed up sewage. I seriously found used stained toilet paper on a couple occasions on the trail. Sure wish the rangers weren't so concerned with the prospectors and instead focused on the disgusting littering families they get every weekend.
 
Thank you! Jeez, you'd think grown adults could pick up after themselves, and tell their children to do the same. It's common courtesy, and I wish more people would have the decency to not trash the woods, or the lake, or the desert, or anywhere else people go and can't pack out what they pack in.
 
Fw: Booking Nugget Shooting Excursion
Posted by: "Blakely Sanford" blakelysanford@yahoo.com blakelysanford
Mon Oct 3, 2011 10:26 am (PDT)





----- Forwarded Message -----
From: American Prospector <info@aptsgold.com>
To: American Prospector <info@aptsgold.com>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 8:37 AM
Subject: Booking Nugget Shooting Excursion

We are still booking nugget shooting adventures for the following dates:
Friday: October 7, 14, 28
Saturday: October 22

If you are interested in booking one of the above dates, they are on a first
book first serve basis.

How to book:
1 - Come into the American Prospector Treasure Seeker store to pay the
$30 per person outing fee, no credit cards accepted. Cash is preferred, or
if needed you are welcome to mail in a check payable to Ronald McCoy.

2 - Mail in a check Payable to Ronald McCoy
Mail To:
American Prospector Treasure Seeker
28900 Old Town Front Street #101
Temecula, CA 92590
***PLEASE NOTE***Check is payable to Ronald McCoy

If mailing a check, please make sure to include the following information with it.
-Your name
-Phone number
-Email
-Event Date

Feel free to call/email with any questions.

American Prospector Treasure Seeker
28900 Old Town Front Street, #101
Temecula, CA 92590
951-676-2555
www.aptsgold.com


American Prospector Treasure Seeker has teamed up with a highly experienced nugget

shooter/prospector, Ron, with over 20 years experience prospecting at the San Gabriel

River. With exceptional knowledge of the San Gabriel River (fine gold bearing areas,

"picker" bearing areas, nugget bearing areas) and a strong knowledge of most metal

detectors, Ron is planning nugget shooting excursions and offering you the benefit

of his experience.



**PLEASE NOTE**
All outings are AT YOUR OWN RISK You must be in good health and physically

able to participate, see link below for additional details and requirements.



http://www.aptsgold.com/APTS-San-Gabriel-Excursions.html



Book your group or private outing adventure today!



**We now have PLP raffle tickets and tee shirts available**

"Let's Support the PLP as they Support Our Way Of Life"



American Prospector Treasure Seeker

28900 Old Town Front Street, #101

Temecula, CA 92590

951-676-2555

www.aptsgold.com
 
Hmmm..........10 people, $30 each = $300

Not a bad day at the river for an experienced prospector. (minus expenses, of course)
1 gram of gold at todays spot price of $1638 p/oz. = $47.40
Or you could buy bullion for $53.00+
So, save your fee and round trip gas and buy gold instead.(just MY opinion.)

But why pay when you can go for free?!!!

I am Steve "PorkChop" and V.P. of "Route 66Gold Miners" a chapter of GPAA
and I have almost 40 years experience as a prospector of gold and other
collectable minerals.

We have members going up to the river all the time.

Keene Eng. also holds outings to the river several times a year.

Go to http://www.goldprospectors.org/ then click on forum under the "communication" tab

Look up "find a Friend" and make your post there that you are looking to go
to the east fork. You can find a digging buddy and save your $30 for gas!

If you would like to find out more about us, visit our web site at:

www.route66goldminers.org

under the slide show, click on the banner "visit our new forum"

Join our forum and you can post there also. You might even see others doing the same.

Respectfully,

Steve, AKA "PorkChop"
 
Got_4by4. Just answering up to this older post. I met folks from 'route 66 gold miners' again this year at the annual gem-rock show in torrance calif. this was my 10th year and every year I talk to folks at your club panning site at the show. Got lots of info from club member 'Ben' nice guy with lots of great info. have found the areas he told me about on the east fork/ azusa canyon area on google maps, I am activly planning a weekend to get out there, most likely first of next month. I get disturbed reading about trash and such as the posts above attend to. I hope that is just how it is during the heavy holiday weekends and not the regular weekends. Sorry to highjack the original post.
 
Got_4by4. Just answering up to this older post. I met folks from 'route 66 gold miners' again this year at the annual gem-rock show in torrance calif. this was my 10th year and every year I talk to folks at your club panning site at the show. Got lots of info from club member 'Ben' nice guy with lots of great info. have found the areas he told me about on the east fork/ azusa canyon area on google maps, I am activly planning a weekend to get out there, most likely first of next month. I get disturbed reading about trash and such as the posts above attend to. I hope that is just how it is during the heavy holiday weekends and not the regular weekends. Sorry to highjack the original post.

If you can go there during the week it is usually fairly quiet. Any other time it is best to go with somebody so they can bring your body back.:laughing7: Just kidding.

You might try joining our forum and posting that you would like some company. Just go to:
Route 66 Gold Miners, Orange CA Prospectors

Under the slide show is a link to our forum.

I hope this helps.

"PorkChop", V.P. Route 66 gold miners Inc.
 
thank you for the info. I will check at the site link. I'm really looking forward to my first trip to the river.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom