San Luis Obispo County New Member

GldFndr

Feb 28, 2014
Central Coast of California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all from the beautiful Central Coast of California. I've always been interested in Gold Mining/panning and treasure hunting in general. Curious about getting started in hunting near Santa Margarita. So at the age of 41 I guess my curiousity is turning into reality. Been doing some online research but I am very green to the hobby and would appreciate any and all hints or tips. Does anyone know where to find good maps and or information on already claimed sites. I did stumble upon the GPAA and plan on attending the next meeting probably become a member then. Look forward to meeting others and making good friends.

metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

I was from Paso as well, lived there from 91-99 and wasn't into this hobby yet. There is a GPAA claim in SLO County around Camatta Ranch. Also I know its a drive but up by the Kern would be good

detector 8.jpg Welcome from N. Mississippi.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Joined GPAA today, also friday i went to a local prospectors club meeting (central coast gold prospectors).

McKinney, Texas...been there home of my mother-in-law...loved Texas!

This is an old thread so I am probably wasting my time but never the less, I'm in Atascadero but I was born and raised in Paso Robles, a bearcat at heart. Hope your doing well and might even still be involved in the industry and living healthy (Corona virus going on right now). You can always drop me a PM if your still around and take care.

Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-)
:cat::occasion14::headbang:

Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back