What's new

Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

My Chinese piano students were at my home this evening; I showed their father the markings and he interpreted one as "water lily"; and the second one as "loyalty".

He said that those are probably the persons' names belonging to the ring. He said that in China people are often named after nature, and personal qualities.

I hope this has been of help to you

It's a unique ring...terrific find.!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

Lorraine,
Thankyou for your help and info. I am getting the ring tested. It is still a mystery because it does'nt respond to any gold acid tests. My friend who is a goldsmith will figure it out for me.
Thanks again and happy hunting. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

hmmmmm...... interesting!!!!!! keep us updated.
 
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

Yes this has my attention too. It certainly looks like a custom piece of jewerly. I thought the old style Asian writing symbol(s) may have been the custom makers mark. But who knows? Thanks Lorraine!
 
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

I still think it is Platinum.... LOL...
One of the coolest rings I have ever seen though Crab.....
 
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

Hi Sand Crab, did you eventually find out what it was?? Also, could you include a link to the ring photo/s? Thanks, OD.
 
Re: Sand crab....I have some info about that "mystery ring" that you found

OD_hunt said:
Hi Sand Crab, did you eventually find out what it was?? Also, could you include a link to the ring photo/s? Thanks, OD.

I am still awaiting word from a goldsmith friend of mine here in Honolulu. I left it with him through the holidays but he's been too busy to look into it. I'll post the results as soon as they are available.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom