What's new

Sand Movement Example

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For those that don't see the beach as changing from day to day. The video I posted last Thursday showed this same pole at -4.5 feet. 14 tide cycles later and its a -2 feet.That's 2.5 feet of sand in 7 days 4.3 inches per a day! My point is that this game is about a matter of inches! Just 1 inche of sand movement and your in pay dirt. The same is true of sand build up, an inche you could just be out.The beach is a crazy place this time of year. This just proves it to you non believers!
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Im trying to figure out. A beach I worked last week had a 5 footcut and was littered with change. I also found one nice silver ring. Four days later a construction prodjct that was spilling water on the beach with a pump had created a 10 foot cut and was inundated with pieces of wire and very little change. I see for the first time the limitations of my PI Dual. I gave up after digging around a hundred pieces of wire.
 
Last edited:
Buried Crap,
"Excellent post!" I've been voicing this same thing all summer. The sand just kept coming this summer, to the point that when it does get moved a bit it has the effect of a giant shaker loaded with soft sand, everything continues to go down with the motion. But, once this sand starts getting removed the hunting should be fantastic! That's what I'm waiting on. "Excellent post and example of just how quickly sand can effect things."
 
Yes Steve, the beache is killer of good targets, when the beach out the sand.
 
Same thing has been going on at my beach,2 to 3 feet of sand moved in and no good finds lately, we need a northeaster with some big waves and a prayer to bring back the finds.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom