Sand Shark Wanted

Kevin W

Greenie
Oct 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My beloved Sand Shark met with an unfortunate demise two days ago at the beach. My daughter was using it in knee deep water when she got hit by a rogue wave, knocking her down into the water. Somehow, one of the latches that holds the lid in place came undone, and salt water flooded the battery compartment. I tried flushing it out with fresh water and packing it with bags of uncooked rice for 2 days, but alas it is making very unhappy sounds when I power it on.

As such, does anyone know where I might be able to get another Sand Shark? Please PM me if you know of anyone selling one....

Reulte

Jun 26, 2013
Currently Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably definitely over-salted like a bad fry. However, if it's making noises -- keep playing with it. Try some of those little dissicant packets as well as rice, try kleenix and q-tips. Take as much of it apart as you feel comfortable in being able to put it back together and dry pieces individually. New batteries, of course. Who knows. Better yet, have your daughter help or even do it herself.

DanU

Greenie
Dec 15, 2021
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
I recovered both a high end laptop and an Iphone that got submersed in saltwater. After removing as much saltwater as possible, I would then make sure they have no batteries in them or power, then soak in distilled water. Then they have to be dried completely. Then follow with spraying a lubricant protectant with dielectric properties that is safe on plastics. I use Ship-2-Shore PLID which can be hard to find. The laptop was used for 5 years afterwards before it was retired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread