What's new

saturdays finds

oldbenny

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
weymouth
Detector(s) used
xpp goldmaxx 2 garrett at pro mienleab excailbur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
out and about on Saturday , in Yeovil area (south west England) only two finds after 8 hours but better than nothing at all a 1797 george3rd cartwheel penny and I think a coin weight not sure of the date maybe someone can tell me only a kings head on the front nothing on the back anyone help
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0001.webp
    DSC_0001.webp
    85.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0002.webp
    DSC_0002.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_0005.webp
    DSC_0005.webp
    153.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0006.webp
    DSC_0006.webp
    157.9 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 12
Great looking cartwheel! Crusader or one of several others on here can probably ID your coin weight, although a size reference might help. Great hunt.
 
NICE FINDS !!:thumbsup:
 
The 1797 is much better than average, I assume a pasture field? Or sandy soil.

The coin weight is not in my book but it looks an early one, reminds me of Henry VI??
 
yes pasture land with a good old church dating back to 1630 and a footpath right through the land where these came from loads of George 3 grots and buckles etc been there loads of times always come away with some thing
 
Dang if that aint nice,vanzutphen
 
The 1797 is much better than average, I assume a pasture field? Or sandy soil.

The coin weight is not in my book but it looks an early one, reminds me of Henry VI??

I have been told it might be Edward 1 but no one is sure sent a Picture of to the FLO hope she knows
 
I have been told it might be Edward 1 but no one is sure sent a Picture of to the FLO hope she knows

Thats too early for a coin weight of that size, no gold coins of that weigh around.
 
yep I thought that to you might be right about the henry sill waiting for the FLO to get back to me she is normally good within 24 hours or so if she knows
 
yep I thought that to you might be right about the henry sill waiting for the FLO to get back to me she is normally good within 24 hours or so if she knows
give us the update, I would like to know
 
ok mate will let you know when i know
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom