What's new

Saw a competitor today...

Ltrain

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Well, someone swiped my debit card info and proceeded to clean out my account... as I was getting everything taken care of at the bank and preparing to leave, some guy comes in, goes to the counter, asks for halves, and I hear... silver. I was pissed that I didn't go up there and ask first. Anyways, the guy goes out to the car, and gets in the back seat of a car with an old lady driving, which I can only assume is his mother. Being driven around by his 70+ year old mother... wow. Apparently he goes in frequently. I told the tellers the silver is worth more than face, and if they pull it for themselves, I'll buy it. Gave 'em a few of my business cards, we'll see what happens. This was my dump bank, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Anyways, got some cash back, hit up a bank that ordered a box for me, $300 was zilch. Gonna get the other $200 Saturday morning once they deposit the rest of the missing cash into my account. In the meantime, I went and cashed in those halves, and got a box of dimes. 5 silvers, including a '43 Merc. :)

And a pic, as always...
IMAG0082.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I wouldn't mention about Ag halves being more than face. They can just check on Ebay & figure it out. I made that mistake long ago. I told the teller to call me if they get any large dollar coins since they gave me a group of Morgans at the time. Never got a call again >:(
 
SFBayArea said:
I wouldn't mention about Ag halves being more than face. They can just check on Ebay & figure it out. I made that mistake long ago. I told the teller to call me if they get any large dollar coins since they gave me a group of Morgans at the time. Never got a call again >:(
Most of them actually already knew, they just didn't know how much. I offered to buy any silver they find for 8x face, and left 'em 10 business cards... Plus, like I said, it's my dump bank, I don't really care if they know about the silver because I'll never ask them for it.
 
Nice score on the dimes Ltrain :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom