What's new

SC Colonial River Digs

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
3,712
Reaction score
5,634
Golden Thread
5
Location
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

Headed out on the kayak to revisit a few coastal sites on Monday. Few hours of swinging didn't produce much, but I refused to stop until I had at least dug a flat button :laughing7: Finally landed on a site that has produced in the past...Gheenoe and I know it as the downed palm site...and managed a couple relics. Among the better digs were 2 padlock plates, 2 brass flat buttons, and an interesting copper button (the blue hue is do to the gradually erosion of the copper in salt water from the inside out).

20151013_181856.webp20151013_181945.webp20151013_182007.webp20151013_182043.webp

I've worked them down in the past with electrolysis and all you end up with is a paper thin copper disk so I'm happy to leave this one as is. Also managed a few glass shards and a mystery copper piece. Feel free to guess this one?

20151013_205139.webp20151013_205146.webp20151013_205154.webp
 
Upvote 20
Nice finds. :thumbsup: Wish I could help with ID...
 
I think the best find is the spoon handle fragment - dog nose variety. It came right after the trifid handle variety and dates to about 1700. Good digs!:thumbsup:
 
Very nice! Do you detect in the water or the shore?
 
I think the best find is the spoon handle fragment - dog nose variety. It came right after the trifid handle variety and dates to about 1700. Good digs!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the ID silver, thought the curvature was a bit off for a lock plate, but then again you learn something new everyday one here.
 
Last item looks a lot like a rocker arm from a small engine. Yeah I'd just about bet on it esp. if the hole in one end was threaded...for valve adjustment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom